Best seat configuration for Toyota Sienna?

skyy102

I'm looking to buy a 2014 Toyota Sienna, but not sure how I should configure my car seats. I have twin two year olds rear facing in Diono Radians and a 3 month old in a Chicco Keyfit. The baby will also move to a Radian when he grows out of the Keyfit. Should I put the twins in the third row with seat belt install and put the baby in the second row? Or would it be better to put the twins in the second row and the baby in the third row? Wondering from a fit, safety and pure ease of use.

ADS

MommyShannon

I think easiest would be to remove 1 captain's chair and put the twins in the 3rd row. Are you set on the Sienna? The newer ones don't get much love around here. There are only 3 top tethers (captain's chairs and 1 in 3rd row). So in a few years when the twins turn around, you will be limited on seating arrangements. The new Ody has 6 top tethers and could actually fit all 3 across the 2nd row since the 8th seat is bigger. The older (2010 and prior) Siennas could also easily fit 3 across the 2nd row and have 5 top tethers.

AZmamaof2

MommyShannon,

I’ve been looking into a 2008 or so Toyota Sienna, and wondering if 3 across the 2nd row is possible. It sounds like you have knowledge on this, so I wanted to ask here (sorry if I’m hijacking the thread).

Would a Frontier 85, Blvd 65, and Snugride 22 fit in the second row? With the FN behind passenger, Blvd in middle, and SR behind driver? I don’t know how wide the extra seat is, but if I could do 3 across, it would be worth having it to me. Blvd can RF or FF whichever is necessary.

thanks!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC