Best overall (and safest) convertible car seat: Clek Foonf vs Nuna Rava

S

Sara Lewis

Looking for opinions: Clek Foonf vs Nuna Rava? If you have had experience with either or both, I would appreciate any insight or experience. I care most about safety, as well as comfort for my LO (and any other notable features). Any other recommendations? Looking for the absolute best convertible car seat out there. TIA!

To note: my son is 12 months old and has been off the charts in height and 98th percentile for weight since birth. Also, we have an SUV with captain seats so size/width of the car seat doesn’t matter as much. Thanks!!!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hi Sara, they are both fine seats. The Foonf has the advantage that is it is narrow and can fit in some vehicle middle seats where others can't, and that also helps if you have an adjacent passenger or carseat. Foonf does have a little higher learning curve with some of its features. Rava is a very nice seat all around. You also can't go wrong with a Britax ClickTight convertible or a Chicco NextFit, either.

We have some recommendations here: https://www.car-seat.org/threads/20...r-seats-list-community-top-rated-picks.32791/

Also see us at CarseatBlog for reviews and recommended seats: https://carseatblog.com/safest-recommended-car-seats/

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
We can't know how seats perform against each other but I'm very fond of certain features as potential benefits. I like rebound control (the Foonf has an ARB, anti rebound bar, for that) and for larger kids I really like a forward rotation limiting feature (the Foonf or Fllo has a Q tether accessory for this; the only other convertibles currently offering this are the Uppababy Knox, though that's currently withdrawn from retail, which has a tether that functions similarly, or the Cybex Sirona S with a load leg.) Because older larger children are most likely to suffer head injuries if they are injured while rear facing, I really like these features that reduce that kind of movement.

On the other hand convenience and comfort are also important to make sure you will max out the use of a seat. The Rava may win there with more leg room and a less complicated install (and no assembly required- the Foonf isn't difficult really, but a bit overwhelming the first time you look at all the parts!)

They both have good features. I ended up with a Foonf this time because for me, the Q tether won (and the Sirona S was not yet released when I needed to buy.)

aporthole

I own both seats. I love the Rava 100X more. The Foonf is SO huge height wise and front to back. Even in a larger vehicle (Honda Pilot), the Foonf could only go in the middle or else the front seats had to be moved really far forward. My son found the Rava to be much more comfortable. The Rava is also much faster and easier to install.
I would also suggest checking out the Britax One4Life.

A

Alex

Hi Sara:
We ended up buying the Nuna exec for my 14mo old who is 92% in height & 85% in weight. The fabric is so soft and comfortable, easy to install BUT my only complaint is that it’s ARB (more like a panel) really limits his leg room. I am now looking into buying the RAVA until he’s old enough to be forward facing in the exec. We also tried the Britax click tight and I hated it. The Nuna is 100x softer and a lot easier to install. One side note which isn’t a big deal with the Nuna (RAVA & exec) is when you’re using the seatbelt to secure it (necessary after 35lbs) when rear facing the cup holder have to remain popped out because the seatbelt threads though the cup holders. I was just a little surprised by this.

Looking for opinions: Clek Foonf vs Nuna Rava? If you have had experience with either or both, I would appreciate any insight or experience. I care most about safety, as well as comfort for my LO (and any other notable features). Any other recommendations? Looking for the absolute best convertible car seat out there. TIA!

To note: my son is 12 months old and has been off the charts in height and 98th percentile for weight since birth. Also, we have an SUV with captain seats so size/width of the car seat doesn’t matter as much. Thanks!!!

aporthole

You don’t have to leave the cupholders up. They won’t be fully stowed away but they can dangle flaccidly and don’t impact how much width the seat takes up in floppy mode.

R

Raisa

Probably you already have the seat, but wanted to mention that I own the Nuna Rava and was deciding wether buy another one or get the Clek Fllo, but then I noticed the Rava has a 49 inches heigh limit while Clek is 43...Kids tend to outgrow first height than weight...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC