Best Deal/Place to buy BJ City Mini

JustJack

Best Deal/Place to buy BJ City Mini UPDATE w/PICS!

I know you mamas score some awesome deals, so before I buy, I thought I'd ask. Where is the best place to get the best price on the Baby Jogger City Mini? Hook me up please! Know any coupons or sales? Thanks!

Bought one! See last post for pics.

Last edited:
ADS

JustJack

For some reason the website won't let me navigate. I click on "Departments" and it doesn't go anywhere. If I click "products" and then Baby Jogger, they are all old school looking. I can't find the CM.

vonfirmath

The site is not the best. They are a Brick & mortar store here locally. But if you call them maybe they'd be willing to ship? I don't know.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
See in the sponsors forum... if you go to babyonthegoathome through chloespurple's link you can get a coupon for 10% and free shipping :)

vonfirmath

EEK! Forgot about them. And she was my second choice for where I was going to get it too! I've chatted back and forth with her and she's REALLY responsive.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
It's separate from the belly bar...there are these little sockets on the side you can snap attachments into..infant seat connectors, belly bar, snack tray...

JustJack

Jools' photo album pics were what made me go with the orange. The stock pics look dull, but Jools album pics are BRIGHT! I also live in TN and everyone here is a huge VOL fan, and orange is their color. I though the snack tray option was kind of neat, I like how it snaps into the frame. Now I have to wait........only 2-6 more days!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, cool. It really is a lovely shade of orange (I went to an orange school, maybe that's why I'm attracted to orange strollers? could be subconcious, hahaha)

:)

chloespurple

Senior Community Member
I was going to order from you too, but it was out of stock until the 21st or something and I want it NOW!!!!:D

Awww, Thanks:D. I completely understand, I am waiting on a stroller myself & it is driving crazy b/c I wanted it like...yesterday, lol.
Michelle:p

vonfirmath

Vonfirmath,
What color did you get?

View attachment 1548

Hood half extended, on Flickr
2335876644_57f9b9078f_b.jpg

Last edited:

vonfirmath

Super Cute!
I almost picked red....but orange was just calling my name! Do you like it so far?

YES!

I got it on Friday. REALLY teeny box. Waited until Saturday morning for my husband to not be too tired to put it together. (I know, I know. Before I got married I did it all for myself. But I like having the help!) But as it turns out, I could have done it all myself. We could not find the instructions, but were able to figure out where the few loose pieces went on our own. (The instructions were eventually found in the back pocket of the stroller.)

The box was awkward, but light enough I could handle on my own. The stroller, of course, is VERY light. But sturdy. I don't worry about it breaking with handling.

The first time I unfolded and folded, the stroller was prevented from unfolding completely because of the string from the back flap. (the thing that you unfold over the mesh to keep light from getting in when the stroller lies back). But once I got that out of the way, the stroller was ready to go. DS is not thrilled to be in a harness. But he smiled for the pictures and was content while out and about Saturday.

Things I learned:
1. When the stroller back is down, the stroller is more tippy. Normally I can hang my diaper bag off the back without it tipping, even when empty. But after I moved the seatback to its fully reclined position, when I took the baby out (to put him in his carseat) the stroller fell backward because of the weight of the bag!

2. There is velcro on the top of the flap that is supposed to be attached to the velcro on the hood. Its a bit tricky to find but its nice to not be flapping around anymore after you get it properly affixed

3. Don't be surprised if it doesn't fold flat after you recline and then unrecline the seat. I never did figure out what was going on, but I found unfolding it and folding again was enough to make it lie flat.

Ah yes I did get a chance to recline the seat -- though not to change a diaper (Yet. I chickened out since I had a diaper table available). DS was getting fussy so I put the seat all the way back and the hood out to try to get him to fall asleep while I shopped. He did not fall asleep. But he did stop fussing so the resting position evidently helped. (I had to keep the flaps closed or he would look up at me through the hood.

The stroller was really easy to get out and put back in, making quick trips into the library possible. The hood was nice when it rained.

I don't know what I will do when the fabric gets dirty. It does not appear to come off in any way I could find.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC