Belt fit check please

glockchick

What do you think of this fit?

1a1bd118.jpg

ADS

noahsmom24

Yea and I think the shoulder fit could be a little better to.

But forgot to mention, your dd? is very pretty :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's... less terrible than the Cosco seats usually are, but definitely not something I'd choose for my child. Shoulder belt is ok but I'd like to see the lap belt lower.

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Shoulder belt fit is fine but lap belt fit is less than ideal. I wouldn't let her ride in that if there were other [better] options available.

glockchick

Thank you for the confirmation. I agree completely. I tried telling her step mom that but she says that since DD is within the height and weight limits she is safe. :mad: They have other seats, they just like to use the ones that piss me off. That's the picture she sent me last night to show me she was safe.

Ex's mom came to pick her up in that seat and I ran in the house and got her literider for her and she used that to ride over there in so she has that there, they just won't let her use it.

But forgot to mention, your dd? is very pretty :)

Yes, that's my daughter. Thank you. :love:

emandbri

Ha, now it makes sense! I was was thinking "wow, why did she buy that!" ;) No, I would not let my child use that seat.

Ladyl

:mad::hitselfonhead:What's with these people?!?! Do they just like emotionally toying with you by putting your children's safety at risk? This is why we need stronger carseat laws!

ETA: What have they done with the seats you sent with the kids? Can you demand them back?

glockchick

They're selling all but the OS PW booster. I asked and they won't give them back. I did buy my nauti back for DS but the MA and BLVD are out of my price range and DD and DS won't fit in them that long anyway.

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/bab/2790121165.html

http://collegestation.craigslist.org/bab/2789843641.html

Editing to add....

This is the one they're keeping. Yes, that is my 3 yr, 10 month old 36 lbs DS in it. :mad: Every time they've left from here DD (5) has been in that seat and DS has been harnessed. I know they're planning on putting him in a booster as soon as he hits 40 lbs. Maybe I should stop feeding him while he's here. ;) The last time his harness was loose and the harness was a tad below his shoulders. I was able to fix the loose at least before they drove off. It's the best I could do. :( Mostly I just pray that if my kids have to be in an accident, it be when they're with me and properly restrained.

79020e3a.jpg

Last edited:

glockchick

Ha, now it makes sense! I was was thinking "wow, why did she buy that!" ;) No, I would not let my child use that seat.

I didn't state it in the OP because I didn't want to color anyone's view. I wanted to prove it's not just me being over protective and that other people see the same thing I do without any info that might jade them. ;)

glockchick

:mad::hitselfonhead:What's with these people?!?! Do they just like emotionally toying with you by putting your children's safety at risk? This is why we need stronger carseat laws!

ETA: What have they done with the seats you sent with the kids? Can you demand them back?

Yes, I think they do. :( And she just told me that ex just bought new boosters for CJ and her daughter. I swear they enjoy upsetting me.

Last edited:

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Lol, I hope you knew the slight snark in my answer was there because I knew you were well aware of the perils and pitfalls of the seat.

Any chance of getting seat safety written into a custody agreement anywhere?

Qarin

Honestly, the person I would explain this to is the child in the booster. It's her innards being put at risk, and she's likely old enough to comprehend the issue (twinkie physics is great for this) and since she has other seats available to her she has the means to demand to use one of the seats that feels more right (and once you know that a seatbelt can cut through your intestines to your spine, the belt being too high feels really wrong).

Jessica61624

I don't know the situation but I can't imagine worrying about my kids every time they weren't with me. I'm sorry :-( your kiddos are adorable. I.love her expression!

glockchick

Oh, the child in the booster knows. I've been *****ed out for "griping about car seats to the kids and making them think we're not putting them in safe seats" already. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

glockchick

As an update, the not quite 4 year old in my siggy pic rode over to my house this morning in a brand spankin' new TB. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC