Back-up seat?

If you had to choose a seat for TODAY for a 27lb, 33" 2 year old, which would you choose?

• Graco Nautilus

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Forward facing coccoro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

scoutingbear

Poll time!

What seat would you use for a 2 year old as a back up seat? Child is 27 lbs, 33" tall and is a new 2 year old. I'm not talking about "down the road", I'm talking about NOW! So, if you had to grab one of these seats TODAY and use it, which would it be? GN or FF Coccoro?

ETA: these are your ONLY choices for this poll. These are seats I already own and this is purely for a "what if" but very highly unlikely scenario. Like, if a giant anvil was dropped on our 2 cars with M's seats, and my parents and the 2 year old's babysitter were out of state with their seats for the 2 year old type scenario.

Last edited:
ADS

monstah

Ouch. :p If I had to run out today, I'd grab an Apt, the new Titan, a Graco convertible... There are so many long lasting inexpensive convertibles, I have a hard time voting for a FF seat. (And I tend not be nearly as ERF passionate as many here.) :eek:

But the GN beats the CCO hands down unless you fly often, take cabs, etc.

ETA: Now I see ketchups reply below, I can't see siggys on my phone. I'd say they're equal in that case. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
They're both seats you have already, I'm assuming this is why those two. I'd choose whichever she fit in more comfortably.

Jenny487

My 2 year old son is about that size. If I had to buy a back up seat for him, I think it'd be a Graco My Ride. If I wanted something that he could use to booster mode, I'd try the Graco Size 4 Me seat I've been reading so much about on here lately. (I think it goes to booster? I've read about so many seats today, I'd have to double check!)

I realize that doesn't really answer your question, but to do so, I'd choose a GN, which I am hopefully buying tomorrow as a back up seat for my 5.5 year old.

scoutingbear

Yes, these are seats we currently own that aren't being used. Dh and I got into a discussion of "what if" today and it came up as to what he could use if there was a reason he HAD to get a ride from someone and none of the other seats were available for the 2 year old. I'm not planning on FF the 2 year old any time soon. It is purely a "what if" scenario. You know, like a giant anvil was dropped on our cars, squishing her seats and my parents and M's sitter were hours away with the seats that they have. A very unlikely "what if" scenario. lol

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
In that case I'd go with whichever one is easier for him to install and use correctly without your help. :)

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I don't think it makes a difference, honestly - the CCO would be better if you needed to transport all three, but the GN is easier to install, so it's probably those factors that would make my decision.

Has she outgrown the CCO RF already?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC