"Baby seat"

jennlana

My girls will be 4 in two months and 7 in three months. They are both still harnessed in a Boulevard and a Frontier. My oldest is one of three kids I know that is still harnessed at this age (one boy is actually in 3rd grade and still harnessed! :)) Well in the past couple weeks, we've had the girls car seats pointed out as "baby seats" bc of the harnesses. Thankfully my girls are confident enough to not be bothered by it. The Frontier is only a few months old and my daughter loves the hot pink color and the two cup holders. My 3 yo loves her "flowery" carseat (and so do I!).
If they're not bothered by it, why am I? :(

ADS

jeminijad

If they are happy, then I agree that you can brush it off.

But a 7 year old is very safe in a high back booster. There isn't actually any evidence that harness is safer than booster for kids that can sit properly and meet the age & weight requirements. So if it is really bothering you, you could always try the Frontier in booster mode.

tam_shops

I'd say you are bothered by it b/c the Frontier is not a baby seat. It's wrong. A baby seat is a bucket that RF to 22#. A baby bucket that RF to 35# could be called a toddler seat, so I wouldn't call that a baby seat either. :p Even something like the Radian I wouldn't call a "baby seat" b/c it RF for a 6yo...

If someone said that in front of me, I'd correct it. Not for my kids, but for theirs. Also, while your oldest may think nothing of it now, you may find her repeating it in the future, sooner than you'd like...it always amazes me when kids retain stuff like that and then repeat it later!

tam

linneabw

I think you might be bothered by it because you don't want ideas started in your children's heads! I know that's how I was when I nannied and had the kids harnessed past 4 years old. I didn't want them to think they shouldn't be in them or worried what people thought. Same thing with my 3.5 year old when people say something about him rearfacing. He doesn't mind it but I worry that he'll start to question it or rebel if someone plants the idea that it's 'wrong'.

jennlana

Thanks ladies! I love them both being harnessed. I don't have to buckle the oldest! LOL I guess I looked at as a form of teasing even though the kids said it very innocently. My daughters are both happy in their seats. I would use the Frontier as a booster, but I feel like I should get my money's worth out of it in harness mode. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC