News App Users

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I have not yet received a renewal invoice from vBulletin, who purchased the company that developed the ForumRunner mobile app a couple years ago. I speculate that they may be ending support for custom app customers, as they have issued no updates recently and their support forums have been very quiet. This may be due to the pending release of iOS7. I speculate that the app may not be fully compatible and that the company may not be willing to make the necessary updates.

At that time, I will likely have to switch to another app, namely Tapatalk, or proceed with a forum upgrade to a version or package that includes mobile app support.

This is an advance warning that there could be issues with the app caused by the publisher, with no prior notice. I hope this won't be the case, but the company has been so awful in supporting this product since they purchased it that I can't imagine they will suddenly renew support for it.

ADS

Keeyamah

Sigh, I wonder if that explains my suddenly more frequent horrible loading times :(. Such is life with the rapidly changing technology these days.........

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Sigh, I wonder if that explains my suddenly more frequent horrible loading times :(. Such is life with the rapidly changing technology these days.........

Unless you have upgraded to the newest Android (4.4) or iOS7 beta, there should be no change. The loading times may be another issue. Perhaps uninstall completely and re-install again? That resolves some problems.

I am currently looking into Tapatalk again. They appear to have resolved some of the concerns I've had in the past so I may have a trial in the near future.

Keeyamah

I've got iOS 7.0.4, don't think it's beta. It's happened before and just gone away on its own, sometimes I have to shut down the app, other times I don't. Who knows?

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Maybe it is 7.1 or something that is in Beta. In any case, if you haven't upgraded your iOS recently, then it is likely another issue. I imagine Tapatalk will have various woes of its own, but it might be the only option soon.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Tapatalk has one major advantage that it is updated and has active support. Even if it's not quite as nice overall, I expect it would still be functional and perhaps better in some ways.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Tapatalk has one major advantage that it is updated and has active support. Even if it's not quite as nice overall, I expect it would still be functional and perhaps better in some ways.

I'm sure it will be, but I hate change.

sirrahn

I like Tapatalk. It's fairly similar to our app from what I recall. I used it for another forum I read until they switched software to something that only works in a mobile browser. Now *that* is awful so as long as you don't do that to us, I'm good. ;)

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I wish this forum had a nice mobile responsive design to make an app obsolete, but it does not. My main issues with tapatalk are security concerns and I'm not sure if all have been addressed. The secondary issue is that it is significantly more expensive than ForumRunner, which barely pays for itself with advertising. Plus, it appears that it would show ads to subscribers since there is no way to block them by usergroup, which would be unfortunate. Hopefully I'll hear back from forumrunner but I want to be prepared if they suddenly say, "Sorry, no more app for you!"

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC