Anyone love their Clicktight convertible?

Kel

Yes, a My Ride. Not a Graco clone, it's a seat of its own. So far I've found it to be a favorite with little ones. It's kinda like a big lazy boy chair, lol. Every time I bought my now 4 yr old dd a new expensive seat, she'd cry for the MR!

I was just hoping to find something I liked with rebound control. I may look at the Rainer again.

ADS

gigi

My daughter is almost 5 and at least 44" tall, 40+ lbs. She fits great FF... Never used it RF. It is a great seat.

I am editing to add that I measured my daughter last night and she is actually just under 46" tall, so even bigger than I thought.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kel

Kel

Thanks gigi! I'm pretty sure I'm going to get one and try it out on my small 4 yr old to see the fit.

I went to toysrus Today and looked at the marathon as they don't have a Blvd or Advocate. I can definitely see that's it's a short strap...does anyone know if there's a reason for this? The only thing I can think it's to keep the buckle lower off the tummy?

I also went to target. The Graco extend 2fit was impressive. I couldn't reach the advocate, it was way to high, lol. Terrible idea having seats that high, wish the just had an extra isle instead.

littleangelfire

I got a Blvd CT today and so far it's going back. :( I had a Marathon G4.1 before and liked it well enough, hate how high it is but no biggie. The Blvd CT was a pain to get set up correctly, though might not have been if I hadn't also been focusing on my husband and two littles at the same time. My biggest complaint? The harness is SHORT. Super short. Much shorter than the Marathon one. And yes, I already adjusted it from little baby mode into older kid mode. My 2 year old is 30lbs or a bit under, 37" tall, I don't see how this seat will possibly get him anywhere near 65lbs. And the button to loosen the harness is SO buried. I'm sure they were trying to prevent kids from loosening. Well, good job, I can't loosen it either, lol. My fingers aren't hardly long enough and it hurts my wrists to bend that way. So I'm almost positive it's getting returned which stinks. So it's either buy another Marathon like I had before or I may replace it with one of the Graco seats. DS really likes having a cupholder, lol. I like the NextFit, too, but alas, no cupholder and really no reason in my mind to spend that much if it doesn't have some sort of anti-rebounc protection, a cupholder, or some other outstanding feature.

So there's my opinion for what it's worth. I kind of hate it. The installation, clicktight part? That's fabulous. Everything else, not so much. They've lost that butter smooth harness adjuster. And I HATE the new HUGS, too. And they should build the cupholder into the seat so it's not sticking so far out the side of an already really wide seat. THere. I think rant over. I like the Extend2fit.

Kel

Ugh...that really is disappointing! After reading your comment, I remembered my main issue with our FR 90 was my short fingers, lol. Seriously, I'm 4' 11 & 3/4", so really small hands. I had tons of trouble with it. My tiny 4 yr dd sits in a Fr 85 for this reason. I love it and will be sad when it expires. Love the lbb!

Short harness may be an issue also as my DH is 6'4" and all our boys are running very tall.

So are you thinking of getting a Graco e2f? I love the cupholders. The only other seat I can think of maybe a fllo. I just don't love it, but maybe it's the best option....

littleangelfire

Ugh...that really is disappointing! After reading your comment, I remembered my main issue with our FR 90 was my short fingers, lol. Seriously, I'm 4' 11 & 3/4", so really small hands. I had tons of trouble with it. My tiny 4 yr dd sits in a Fr 85 for this reason. I love it and will be sad when it expires. Love the lbb!

Short harness may be an issue also as my DH is 6'4" and all our boys are running very tall.

So are you thinking of getting a Graco e2f? I love the cupholders. The only other seat I can think of maybe a fllo. I just don't love it, but maybe it's the best option....

Yeah, I'm considering extend2fit, contender, possibly fllo. Stinks I already put the diono back in my husband's car and don't want to move it again so I'll probably keep the boulevard until a new seat can arrive from Amazon.

SavsMom

I loved the Boulevard CT. Install is super easy, leg room is ok (nothing stellar but not terrible either). I do agree that the buckle length is short but my 2.5 year old doesn't seem to mind.

Kel

Anyone care to show pics of their littles and not so littles in their clicktights?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Here you go, I tried to get fit and such in there. 3 1/2, wears size 5 shirts and dresses, built narrow and skinny, I think she weighs about 28 pounds if I had to guess.

2lj6dg7.jpg

Here's more of the buckle (outer slot), and the adjuster (which is down by the seat but not pressed against so much it can't pull- it pulls easily.)
mw8awm.jpg

Kel

Thank you! She's a doll. I'm going to go ahead and try it! Shes got more room than I anticipated. If baby boy could make to 3.5 RFing I'd be happy. Who knows what seat will be out by then. Love the taller top slots also. Ill try my 4 yr old in it when I get it.

Kel

So you don't notice the harness being short?

I've decided to go with the Advocate since he'll be outboard with no airbags.

A few more pics from other sized kids would be great.

Thanks!

momtoo3

Here are random pictures off dd in the advocate click tight. They start with earlier this year and go to last week, so ranging from 18-21 months and 21-23 pounds approximately 31-32 inches. She is more torso than legs for sure. Size 24 mo/2t tops and 18 month bottoms but the early pic was probably 12 month bottoms.

ETA in the middle picture I had just raised the headrest and the straps were about 1/4 in above her shoulders. Before raising them they were sliding off her shoulders. I think my biggest complaint on the seat besides the short crotch strap is the harness is either too low and falling off her shoulders or just at or slightly above her shoulders. She fits at or just under her shoulders for a few months and then they are sliding off but the next height is slightly above.
0c6e4ea98629d14e769341a2bc5c1866.jpg
6b425717d26c42e4d7190d72a6e871ad.jpg
d21bce0bd9f6cd96ab6622a140f925f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Aurezalia

image-1302891217.jpg image-3728432909.jpg 2 1/2, tall but light (78% height, 20% weight) in a BLVD. I love it, the short crotch strap doesn't even bother me. The legroom really isn't even that bad, either. The second picture is actually with the seat all the way upright in the third row of my mazda5 which is the worst leg room conditions ever really, and she didn't seem too squished even with long legs I have no issues adjusting it either and I'm 5'2" with short fingers, haha.

Kel

Thanks for the pics, it really helps! She's a cutie!
Wonder what the purpose is for such a short strap?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
So you don't notice the harness being short?

I've decided to go with the Advocate since he'll be outboard with no airbags.

A few more pics from other sized kids would be great.

Thanks!
Not at All.

If one had a short harness it was likely either caught on something inside where you can't see or defective... I saw a 60 lb kid in one and sure there wasn't a TON of strap left but enough.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Thanks for the pics, it really helps! She's a cutie!
Wonder what the purpose is for such a short strap?

A lot of brands are moving to shorter straps, most probably because they test better. Changing the geometry is likely to help improve chest loads for instance.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC