Anyone have a 2001 Suburban??

ChristyH

We are looking into getting my husband a new vehicle (right now we only have 1 vehicle that fits the whole family) and we found a great deal on a really nice 2001 Chevy Suburban.

Anyone have one that can give me a little info?? We have 4 kids, Maddie is almost 11 and in a backless TB, Sara is 7 and in a HB TB or Monterey, Jack is 6 and in a Nauti or occasionally in a Vivo, and Lizzie is 22 months and rear facing in a Radian XTSL or Coccoro.

A 2001 would have LATCH, right? Does a Radian fit well into these vechiles? What about tether points, how many does it have?

Any other info you can give me would be great!!

Thanks!!

ADS

Kaede's_Mom

I don't own one, but I am currently driving my parents 2001.

No there is not LATCH. There are top tethers in the second row, in both outboard seats. I don't think there is one in the middle seat and it is a lap belt only no head rest. In the third row, I believe there are another two anchors outboard. They are located way down on the seat back and a bit hidden.

Out MA would not fit in any spot, however the seats are very worn and I believe that is why since I know someone with the same body style and has a DC (I believe) in hers along with Radians. The GN fits and installs great, as does a Frontier. I do not know about the other seats you mentioned.

ChristyH

Thank you!!

The older girls sit in the 3rd row now with their boosters so no tethers needed there. I'm glad to hear the Nauti fits well and there is a tether point in the 2nd row. I mentioned LATCH but truthfully non of my seats are currently installed with LATCH anyway so I don't mind that they would have to be seatbelt installs. As long as I can fit the Radian in there then it sounds like it would work.

zactayaus

I have a 2000 'burb. The second row has 3 tethers and the third row has 1. The middle seats in both the 2nd and 3rd rows have no head rests and are lap belt only. My small 11yo can sit in the 3rd row with out a booster but still needs a booster for proper fit in the 2nd row. Currently in the 2nd row I have a GN driver side outboard, an SS1 center, and a backless TB passenger side outboard. The SS1 will be replaced with an MA very shortly, which I have used and had an excellent install passenger side outboard. A frontier also installs awesome in either outboard position of the 2nd row using the short belt path.:thumbsup:

lovemyfamily

I have a 2001 GMC Yukon XL, same as the Suburban. Nope, no LATCH. But we have a WONDERFUL install with DD in her MA RF in the middle seat, middle row, lap belt only, a tethered to the provided anchor at the base of the front passenger seat, same thing is available on the base of the drivers seat.
I keep the passenger part of my middle row bench seat tumbled forward, and will still do this when the baby arrives, can always put it up if we need it for a visitor, just so my boys have easy access to the 3rd row. In the 3rd row I have DS#1 outboard driver side, in a Frontier as a BPB, and DS#2 outboard passenger side in a Regent. HTH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC