Anyone compared these 2 seats yet?

Momof4Girls

Anyone compared the new PWSG with the old PW? Specifically for fit on a smaller child? My 3rd child just turned 4 yesterday, and she has special needs (mitochondrial defect). She's 30lbs, currently RF in a BLVD. I keep going back and forth on turning her FF (she's off the charts for HC, and I'm concerned about neck loads FF vs booster) vs boostering her. She is my most laid-back, rules-oriented child...probably the most trustworthy of my crew (7.5 and 5.5 are her older sisters). We are beginning to re-booster train dd1, and that will free up a Regent, which really, she's still swimming in.

Oh, and my dd4 is 2y8m and, at 25lbs, is RF in a MCP...she's not far from outgrowing it RF (she's got between .5" and 1" left before she meets the 1" limit).

My dd3's needs leave her frequently tired. On her good days, she's like most other 4 y/os, she just gets tired quicker. On her bad days, RF is definitely the way to go so she can conserve energy.

I have thought about providing 2 seats for her to use, according to how she feels. She fits well in the MR65 (we do not like that the RN is MIC, so dh has vetoed that one, and I tend to agree with him), and it affords her better leg room than in her BLVD (which is the issue we're having and why we're considering turning vs booster etc). My thought here would be a PW (she actually fits very well in the old PW...MIL put her in one one day *rolls eyes*...my 25-28lbs 3 y/o!) for her "good" days, a MR65 for "bad" days and long trips...would you go through all that? *sighs* Why isn't this a simple decision!

FWIW, we drive a 2006 Dodge Sprinter as our primary vehicle. Once in a while (like, not even 1/month), she rides in a 2005 Ford Escape, and about 1/week in a Jeep Liberty (I forget what year...ILs' car). I am less concerned about our van (one of the "advantages" of driving a tank!) than MIL's Jeep Liberty. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

And, fwiw, I am well aware that she doesn't meet the 4/40 minimums...however, she'll be 8 or so before she gets anywhere near 40lbs, so I am not considering that as much of an issue (the under the weight thing).

Is there any info (test info, concrete results) out of Sweden translated into English? We're just trying to feel our way out, figuring out what the best options are.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC