any word from Britax??

Austins-mama

So I know some of you kind ladies sometimes get the inside scoop on things.

I'm curious with all these 40lb seats if there has been any word from the Britax camp about the possiblity of testing their seats to 40lbs or adding an extra bottom slot to allow them to fit newborns better???

ADS

mommaon112903

Honestly I do not see how the current Britax convertibles could hold a 40lb child RFing :( as the shells are too short IMHO.

It would be nice if they added an extra bottom slot or added some sort of padding that made them more useable by infants however.

Last edited:

emandbri

When asked the said they aren't going to making any seats with a higher rear-facing weight limit. I agree that I'm not sure kids would fit well in the they currently make if they were just re-certified. I moved Elizabeth out of the MA at 2 years 8 months to the radian which has more leg room.

Austins-mama

I'll take a new seat. It doesn't have to be a MA tested to 40lbs. they could just re-work one of the european seats to make it work on the US market.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
When Britax said they weren't planning a 40-lb seat, there weren't others on the market. Now with three, I have to imagine they'll do something. No one wants to fall behind.

Maedze

When Britax said they weren't planning a 40-lb seat, there weren't others on the market. Now with three, I have to imagine they'll do something. No one wants to fall behind.

How many years did it take them to go to 35 lbs from 30 and 33 compared to Dorel?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But isn't the shell height of the MyRide approximately the same as the Marathon?
The MyRide is shorter by about an inch. The Marathon and the Radian are both 25 inches. If my average-height, skinny-kid had been average-weight, she would have lasted till forty in her MA RF... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx :)

(sorry, most of this is for momon1129023's post, but it was easier to quote you, lol)

elle7715

I personally wish they would at least add lower slots to the Roundabout and Diplomat and make them newborn friendly. I think a lot of people think because they look like a mini MA or BV they'll fit small babies well. If you could use those for newborns the seats would have greater value and they'd get more sold to the compact car market.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
How many years did it take them to go to 35 lbs from 30 and 33 compared to Dorel?

I never said they'd do it overnight.

They're losing market share fast. (Not necessarily in regards to the 40-lb seats, but to TrueFit, Nautilus, etc.) If they're smart, they'll jump on the bandwagon.

But who knows.

canmom

If they're smart, they'll jump on the bandwagon.

That's the key :thumbsup: Hope they are smart! All they need to do is test the MT and they will make a mint!

Seriously Britax, you have the seat in your hands... I know it isn't all the same company exactly etc but you must have some relationship with Britax in Sweden.

Maedze

If they're smart.....

And you want to apply this to the company whose idea of innovation is a Boulevard with airbags, a broken harness gimmick, and the Decathalon? :whistle:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The MyRide is shorter by about an inch. The Marathon and the Radian are both 25 inches. If my average-height, skinny-kid had been average-weight, she would have lasted till forty in her MA RF... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx :)

(sorry, most of this is for momon1129023's post, but it was easier to quote you, lol)

Huh? The Marathon and the Radian do not have the same shell height, at least not inside... (Maybe on the outside?) The MyRide seems to be an inch taller than the Marathon by some measurements. Not sure if that's inside or outside.

canmom

If they're smart.....

And you want to apply this to the company whose idea of innovation is a Boulevard with airbags, a broken harness gimmick, and the Decathalon? :whistle:

:ROTFLMAO: true! But they are a business and parents will pay for that kind of garbage... even though some of us think it is ridiculous :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ah, gotcha. But when people talk about shell height I think what they usually mean is seat height. You know, the inside, usable shell.

Yeah, that's what I mean... for lack of a better word, I meant the seat bight IN the carseat, not the vehicle seat bight. Really, I WANTED that stupid MR to fit my kid, I really did, but the MA was so noticeably taller, I measured them both on the spot.

Austins-mama

If the Britax fairy is paying attention what I want in a seat the FITS newborns - rearface to at least 40lbs (but I will take higher) and that harness to 65lbs.

so basically a true fit with a higher RF limit.

If you could kindly do that before I have another kid I will be REALLY REALLY happy.

Otherwise FirstYears fairy could you please test your seats to 40lbs???

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC