any word from Britax??

ADS

outnumberedby6

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS SEAT? MY SON WAS BORN IN 98 AND WE BOUGHT A ROUNDABOUT FOR HIM SO HE COULD STAY RFING LONGER HE WAS 4 MO OLD AND 20 LBS. HE WAS OVER 9LBS AT BIRTH. I REMEMBER KNOWONE CARRYING THEM BUT ONE PLACE. AND IM NOT SURE HOW I HEARD ABOUT THE SUPER ELITE BUT I WAS ON A WAITING LIST FOR THAT THING FOR 6 MO WITH OUR LOCAL STORE. I GOT IT IN DEC 01 I THINK LOL BUT I NEVER KNEW IT HAD A SIBLING LOL

SO WHAT WAS THE REASON FOR TAKING THIS SEAT OFF OF THE MARKET? LET ME GUESS NOT ENOUGH DEMAND. WAS THIS A SEAT USED HERE IN THE US? HMM. TOO BAD WE COULDNT BE IN CHARGE OF WHAT GOES ON TEST SLEDS. I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MY REGENT:whistle: RFING AND SEE HOW THEY DO?! LOLOL

Maedze

Just as an aside outnumberedby6, you might not know this if you aren't a usual message board poster/emailer but posting in all CAPS is considered the web equivalent of shouting ;) It's a lot easier to read if you type with caps in traditional places. LOL. :eek:

outnumberedby6

Just as an aside outnumberedby6, you might not know this if you aren't a usual message board poster/emailer but posting in all CAPS is considered the web equivalent of shouting ;) It's a lot easier to read if you type with caps in traditional places. LOL. :eek:

:whistle: sorry, i will remember that. its just easier for me to see. :eek:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I guess again I'll ask this question. Is there really a market for seats that rf to 40 lbs? Are folks buying the My Ride and the Air Protect over other seats because they rf to 40 lbs? Just because the other companies do it, does that mean Britax should? I believe they will but only if it will convince more people to buy their seats and imo increasing the rf weight limits will not lead to more people buying their seats. Sure, more car seat fanatics like us might buy it but the folks on car-seat.org do not represent the general public at all. In real life it's tough to get folks to keep their kids rf to 1 and 20 much less after that. We are gaining ground and I believe that more people are listening but I believe we are long way away from the average person buying a seat so that they can keep their child rf to 40 lbs.

jujumum

I haven't measured the interior heigh of any of them, but here are pics of dd in all three seats at about 3.5 yrs old, 41" tall.

DC
seats015.jpg

BV
seats006.jpg

RNXT
seats014a.jpg

Austins-mama

If the Frontier had a first cousin it may or may not be the MultiTech.

I never made that connection until you said it but you are SO right wow.

could you imagine a frontier RF!!! I need them to add a couple slots on the bottom to fit a newborn though.

we're trying and I DON"T want to do an infant carrier - but can't justify buying a 35lb RF seat - and I hate Graco (sorry but I'm just not a fan) and the radian install issues scare me. *sigh* so they have at least 9 months to release something for me other wise the next baby it getting a truefit. with the hope that they'll up their RF limit or this one is smaller than the last.

Beckers

I guess again I'll ask this question. Is there really a market for seats that rf to 40 lbs? Are folks buying the My Ride and the Air Protect over other seats because they rf to 40 lbs? Just because the other companies do it, does that mean Britax should? I believe they will but only if it will convince more people to buy their seats and imo increasing the rf weight limits will not lead to more people buying their seats. Sure, more car seat fanatics like us might buy it but the folks on car-seat.org do not represent the general public at all. In real life it's tough to get folks to keep their kids rf to 1 and 20 much less after that. We are gaining ground and I believe that more people are listening but I believe we are long way away from the average person buying a seat so that they can keep their child rf to 40 lbs.

I think it really is catching on. On my moms board, the majority is now ERF or planning to. Now, this is a "instinctual parenting board" (very AP/crunchy) not mainstream. Not that that i think AP parents keep they children safer, but I think sometimes they are bit more open to going against the flow, YK?

Shaunam

I think it's catching on. I was just at babies'r'us and I saw a lady drag her mom over to the CA and say, "This is the new seat that goes to 40 lbs rf'ing! We have to get it!" Her son was probably about 18 months. I imagine he was probably already rf'ing in another convertible. It's quite "mainstream" over at MDC already and I know on babycenter, it was becoming much more common on the birth boards. Maybe not to rf to the max, but well past a year. My friends are much more receptive to it than they used to be. Even if they don't rf to the max, a lot of people see the higher weight limits and get it because they think it makes the seat better. Of course, we know that's not necessarily the case, but if it gets them to rf even a few months longer than they intended, I'm not going to argue!

Maedze

It's definitely more accepted than it was even a year ago. A year ago I was crucified on a somewhat brutal message board for mentioning it :p and now it's the accepted thing to do on the very same board.

Raegansmom4

I'm feeling kinda bad that people seem to be disregarding the MR now since the shell isn't super high like the CA. Not everyone has skinny, tall kids! I just got the MR for my youngest (16.5 month) yesterday, and she has tons of height growth left. I sat her big sis, who is 3 years & 8 months, 41.5 lbs, 41" tall, and she had about 1/2" of shell left. I know that means she's too tall and too heavy, but I know she would have made it to a bit over 3 years old rfing in the MR (she just had a major growth spurt). Also, since lil sis in the MR is much, much shorter than her older sister was at the same age, I'm guessing she will make it to well over 3 in the MR rfing. My kids are on the heavier, shorter side, so there was no way I'd spend $250 on the CA that only goes to 50 lbs.

Maedze

The dismissal of the MR65 is ridiculous. My 3.5 yo is 60th-70th percentile in height. She is going to make to four by height in the MR. For 150, you can't argue too strongly with that.

ajanes

I think it is getting more mainstream as well. On a different parenting board I frequent it is definitely accepted. At least until age 2. I don't know how many would ERF to age 3-4 but that is better than age 1 and 20 lbs.

Austins-mama

there was a poll on a different message board asking if people ERF and of the 236 votes nearly 40% rearfaced past 1. so def more accepted. only 36% turned them right at one ("because the law says....") and sadly 13% turned them before one.

still 40% ERF is awesome thats almost half the kids. so something is getting through to people.

U

Unregistered1

I actually discussed this at length with Sarah Tilton recently. We talked about the market for 40 lb RFing seats, and sadly their market research still shows that the majority of the general population FFs at age 1 or earlier. She has been pushing for a 30 lb FFing minimum but marketing doesn't like to put such a limit on their seats if the other seats on the market don't have it, because then the large segment of the population that FFs their children early may choose to forgo the Britax because it requires a higher weight to FF. At this point she said their efforts are more productively spent working on the 'next generation' of seats rather than trying to test current seats to higher weights RF (which she says almost certainly will not happen). BUT it seems that the issue is not completely off their radar, because she did say she thinks we may see the possibility of higher weight RFing when these 'next generation' seats hit the market.

Should I make a new post about this? Seems like no one ever sees it in a reply ;)

Austins-mama

by their own logic they need to release something then they are missing out on a section of the market because other seats are available with a 40lb rearfacing limit. I would think any new convertible seats being released now would need a 40lb RF limit.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC