Any new boosters coming out?

P1ally

DS is 7, and has finally outgrown the harness on his nautilus, and has been using it in booster mode for about 3 months now. The nauti is fine in booster mode, but quite frankly, I'm sick of looking at it :p I'm not thrilled with current options, but so far I'm leaning towards a probooster. Are there any sweet new boosters coming out? I saw the thread about the Jane booster, which looks cool, but the colors are pretty meh. Same with the PWSGL, colors are super meh.

Anything new and exciting? :D

ADS

CMeMeC

The recaro performance booster is the newest from recaro. I don't have one, but I do have a vivo and a probooster and really like them. I have a parkway as well. It's ok. The back/bottom falling apart when moving it drives me nuts. I'm also not crazy about the fabric. Diono has a new booster coming, but I think the release date keeps getting pushed back. I think the turbo with ss also looks nice, but I haven't seen it in person.

P1ally

The recaro performance booster is the newest from recaro. I don't have one, but I do have a vivo and a probooster and really like them. I have a parkway as well. It's ok. The back/bottom falling apart when moving it drives me nuts. I'm also not crazy about the fabric. Diono has a new booster coming, but I think the release date keeps getting pushed back. I think the turbo with ss also looks nice, but I haven't seen it in person.

Oops, I was so tired I said probooster! Yes I meant the performance booster. I've seen the new dionos, also pretty meh. The new booster looks so plasticky. I went old school and bought a pathway b570 for our trip to Hawaii, but ended up not bringing it.

Bah.

CMeMeC

Oops, I was so tired I said probooster! Yes I meant the performance booster. I've seen the new dionos, also pretty meh. The new booster looks so plasticky. I went old school and bought a pathway b570 for our trip to Hawaii, but ended up not bringing it.

Bah.

I have one of those, too. I liked it, ok. IIRC, my son outgrew it quickly (and my brother took it out of my mother's car before my daughter was old enough to use it).

Athena

I have a parkway as well. It's ok. The back/bottom falling apart when moving it drives me nuts.

We have Parkways and I can't figure out how they'd fall apart. Although I don't love Britax' new fabrics, we like the new Parkway SGL fairly well (one of the taller options, deep sides, SG clip for 4 pt, nice latch system). But my ideal booster doesn't exist.

Last edited:

Jackie010307

We have a Parkways and I can't figure out how they'd fall apart. Although I don't love Britax' new fabrics, we like the new Parkway SGL fairly well (one of the taller options, deep sides, SG clip for 4 pt, nice latch system). But my ideal booster doesn't exist.

This. One thing I love about our parkway is just picking it up and not worrying about the bottom falling off.

CMeMeC

We have Parkways and I can't figure out how they'd fall apart. Although I don't love Britax' new fabrics, we like the new Parkway SGL fairly well (one of the taller options, deep sides, SG clip for 4 pt, nice latch system). But my ideal booster doesn't exist.

I purchased mine in 2012 so it is the older style. The bottom does not detach, just falls down. Does that even make sense? It drives me nuts. As far as fabric, it just always looks dirty. I clean it, no food in the car, etc and it just looks bad all the time (I am really picky about this issue, though).

Last edited:

Athena

I purchased mine in 2012 so it is the older style. The bottom does not detach, just falls down. Does that even make sense? It drives me nuts. As far as fabric, it just always looks dirty. I clean it, no food in the car, etc and it just looks bad all the time (I am really picky about this issue, though).

Oh, that makes sense. Once we click ours into the upright position, they stay there fairly well, but that would be annoying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC