Another travel thread...

Dorothy

Thx for moving to correct subforum!

I am flying with the kids in two weeks. I have a MR, TF, RA55, Maestro and Ave. Just based on weight, I was thinking Ave and Maestro. Since they are the lightest, I thought they'd be the easiest to wrangle through the airport. My only concern is that I don't know what vehicle we will be in at our destination. I'll need a noodle or rolled towel for the Ave, and it can be persnickety in some spaces. I kinda want to take the RA55, bc it seems to fit everywhere in a snap. How much of a pain will the extra heft and width be going through the airport and on the plane? Would you rf or ff a newly-minted 2 yo on the plane?

(Edit: n/m)

I'm thinking of taking the Blink in the carrying case and gate checking it. I'm worried it won't make it there and back in one piece, though. Two mamas I know have lost strollers to gate checking recently. I'll still have the Boba, but...

ETA: will the Blink cart the carseats through the airport, or should I get a luggage cart?

Last edited:
ADS

Dorothy

I am a very nervous flyer. Between my anxiety and motion sickness, it is really stressful. I have read through many travel threads, but if anyone has any recommendations they'd like to share, I would be very appreciative.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Brianna

I don't know anything about lugging seats through the airport, but I would take the Avenue. Try installing it in your car just by wedging it into the seat back instead of using noodles/ a towel. It never hurts to have another installation technique if your destination vehicle is finicky.

RF vs. FF- I assume the passenger in front of the 2 yo would rather not recline than be kicked the entire flight. Unless you know your 2 yo is not a seat kicker, I would RF.

Have you checked for FAA stickers on the seats and printed out the circular and highlighted as recommended here? http://carseatblog.com/8037/guest-blog-flying-with-a-car-seat-know-your-rights/

Dorothy

Brianna said:
I don't know anything about lugging seats through the airport, but I would take the Avenue. Try installing it in your car just by wedging it into the seat back instead of using noodles/ a towel. It never hurts to have another installation technique if your destination vehicle is finicky.

RF vs. FF- I assume the passenger in front of the 2 yo would rather not recline than be kicked the entire flight. Unless you know your 2 yo is not a seat kicker, I would RF.

Have you checked for FAA stickers on the seats and printed out the circular and highlighted as recommended here? http://carseatblog.com/8037/guest-blog-flying-with-a-car-seat-know-your-rights/

Thank you for the blog link. I had read it before but couldn't recall where. Printing now!

Dorothy

I posted this in my other thread, but I wanted to say thanks here, too. :)

DorothyoutofOz said:
Just wanted to thank everyone again. We had a good trip. Some highlights for your amusement:

DD (4) screaming "I can see the whole world!"

DS insisting on pulling his own wheely backpack everywhere.

Judging from the hysterical laughter that replaced the panicked crying, giant bubble gum bubbles are a great distraction from descent-induced ear pressure.

An RA55 sidewing is an awesome place for a travel-weary mama on Dramamine to rest her heavy head.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC