Am I changing it?

SnoGurl

Disclaimer: technology is not my friend.

I surf CSO on my Q10 using the 'mobile and tablet lite' skin. The colours keep changing this evening-- am I changing them? I'm super confused.

ADS

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Doing some testing to fix some of the font colors that were hard to read, sorry! Also, replacing some of the chunky ads with mobile-friendly ones. How does it look now?

SnoGurl

Not awesome. The bar along the top that says 'home' 'new posts', etc is impossible to read. It was hard to read in blue, but now it's impossible. I took a screen shot, but I don't know how to post it. Hmm.

Edit: figured it out!

Attachments

• IMG_20150325_210109.png
    IMG_20150325_210109.png
    106 KB · Views: 29

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Not awesome. The bar along the top that says 'home' 'new posts', etc is impossible to read. It was hard to read in blue, but now it's impossible. I took a screen shot, but I don't know how to post it. Hmm.

It should be Dark Blue text on an off-white background now, that is one of the places I was trying to fix. I also got rid of that greenish color that was hard coded and I didn't really like it:) It looks like you are seeing a previous version? It should look like this now. You may need to refresh or clear your temporary files/cache to see it, or it will update automatically at some point depending on your device and provider.

I am happy to take suggestions if you prefer another scheme. Unfortunately it is not as flexible as the desktop version. For example, the link colors that make up sub forums and threads appear to have to be the same color regardless of the background color. So I had to pick an intermediate or lite background color so the dark text would stand out better. The desktop version has more options so I can mix in more colors and adjust the font colors for each one, if that makes sense.

Attachments

• mobile.png
    mobile.png
    117.8 KB · Views: 26

SnoGurl

I like the screen shot you posted a lot. I'm a huge fan of the mobile skin in general, and fixing that top navigation bar makes it perfect, the previous blue on blue was a bit hard to read (not impossible, just not easy). I've cleared my cookies and such and am still not seeing the new version, but hopefully it will update soon. Weird, as i've seen three or four different versions over the evening, and now it's not going to change to the good one, lol!Thanks for fixing it up!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I like the screen shot you posted a lot. I'm a huge fan of the mobile skin in general, and fixing that top navigation bar makes it perfect, the previous blue on blue was a bit hard to read (not impossible, just not easy). I've cleared my cookies and such and am still not seeing the new version, but hopefully it will update soon. Weird, as i've seen three or four different versions over the evening, and now it's not going to change to the good one, lol!Thanks for fixing it up!

Once it updates for you, please let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster

Did it update for you yet? If not, maybe try it on another device?

If anyone uses the mobile style/skin, all feedback appreciated. It's the best there is until a forum upgrade...

SnoGurl

Did it update for you yet? If not, maybe try it on another device?

If anyone uses the mobile style/skin, all feedback appreciated. It's the best there is until a forum upgrade...

No, it hasn't updated yet. I just checked my Surface Pro and it also hasn't updated. I'm going to clear my cookies on my phone again and see if I have success.

Edit: added screen shot, even after clearing cookies, no change :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Attachments

• IMG_20150326_173715.png
    IMG_20150326_173715.png
    117.9 KB · Views: 14

SnoGurl

It just changed! I cleared my cookies again, then changed to a couple different skins before going back to mobile, and it seems as if I've been successful. Looks great!
Posted via Mobile Device

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
From previous experience, it may be your ISP's fault. I tend to get updates on this site up to two weeks after everyone else and sometimes they switch back a few times before sticking. :rolleyes:

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Weird- I just cleared the server cache as well, that shouldn't affect this but you never know. My old ISP (WideOpenWest) was awful about caching stuff for like a day and nothing I could do would override it.

SnoGurl

It's just really weird that it's grabbed onto a new version, just not the newest version. There are some changes-- CSO banner at the top, ad placement between the first and second post disappeared, navigation bar at top different colour, Home button capitalized. I thought the difference might be cell network vs. Home WiFi, but nope.
Posted via Mobile Device

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Yup those are the very latest changes from today you are seeing, with the logo at the top and HOME button to make it more visible. One ad location was removed for community members, and another for SCM. Like the desktop version, Benefactors and Sponsors see none, while Supporters see only one.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
The original "Low Bandwidth Text" style has been removed. Now that everyone has 3G or 4G cellular and no one uses dial-up, it really had nothing to offer over the Mobile and Tablet style.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I will be experimenting with ad placement visibility and locations for the next few weeks. Please feel free to comment, but keep in mind that nothing is permanent at the moment. There will definitely be fewer ads on the mobile version, but because Google has made a mobile style a requirement for websites, there will be a large shift in viewers from the desktop to mobile version. So, it is necessary that I must increase ad placements on the mobile version at this time. I will try to keep the larger ones at the bottom of the page so as not to clutter up the content area.

SnoGurl

I am so sad :( i'm seeing some changes, i.e. ad placement, but still the same colours and I can't figure out why. I really like the picture of the new mobile style and I want to use it! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am so sad :( i'm seeing some changes, i.e. ad placement, but still the same colours and I can't figure out why. I really like the picture of the new mobile style and I want to use it! Lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Very weird, I'm not sure why some changes would update and others not. I've tried it on iPhone, iPad and android phone & tablet but they were all AT&T and Comcast. I did clear out the server based cache, so it could well be related to your internet service provider. What happens if you surf on cellular instead of wifi and clear your temporary cache? Any change?

SnoGurl

I think it's changed and sticking! I cleared my cache, and then accessed the site by Web address, and still the same thing. Cleared my cache again, but this time accessed via google, and I seem to be having success. Fingers crossed!
Posted via Mobile Device

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC