affordable Booster seats

Amandaplus4

affordable Booster seats added pics

Im looking to buy a couple new boosters so that we can have them in each car right now Zoe age almost 8 is riding in a tb she is about 45lbs we have the turbo only on the first or second click up she has tons of room to go in it and its a decent fit. Landon age 6 (next month) rides in an evenflo big kid im not crazy about the fit was thinking I would use that one in baby sitters car or dhs van so I can find him something that he will fit better in, in my van the back is all the way down for him. I need 2 so would like to spend under 100 a piece right now so please tell me your favorites for around that budget :)

http://s1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/amandaplus4/

Last edited:
ADS

Baylor

If you aren't crazy about the fit I would not use it. Get something that fits him well in all cars. When my kids are not riding with me I want to make sure they are absolutely fitted right.

Why not just get more turbos?

auto correct hates me

Amandaplus4

I was thinking about more turbo's a lot of the time he is still in the nautilus was just wondering what other options they have out there. The belt fits him on his thighs not belly I would have to take a pic to show you why Im not crazy about it he fits good in his sisters booster though so probably a turbo for him or maybe the new one with safety surround?

Baylor

The belt should not be on his belly. It should be low across his hips.

Can you take pics for the techs to look at? That will help.

auto correct hates me

Amandaplus4

yeah I can in a little while I have it in the house with the cover off its over 100 out today so i brought all my seats in and decided it was a good car seat cover washing day

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
The Harmony Dreamtime is a great budget option besides the Graco and the Evenflo. They're $40 at Wal Mart/ Target.

Here's how a booster needs to fit:

23362491786772920_9UAl9puE_f.jpg

aeormsby

Another great booster for smaller kids (if you want to try something different) is the Recaro Vivo. I think you can find them on sale around $75.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
added pics

They both look great in the Turbo.

I don't like your son at all in the Big Kid in the 3rd row, but he looks ok in the 2nd row. Your daughter in the Big Kid the shoulder belt is too low, it needs to come up on her shoulder for sure. The lap belt looks ok though.

Specifically this picture is what I'm concerned about. Is he leaning forward? It may just be the picture, but if just him shifting a little can cause the lap belt to sit like that then that's definitely not ok.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/amandaplus4/bigkidsinrearseat.jpg

Amandaplus4

They both look great in the Turbo.

I don't like your son at all in the Big Kid in the 3rd row, but he looks ok in the 2nd row. Your daughter in the Big Kid the shoulder belt is too low, it needs to come up on her shoulder for sure. The lap belt looks ok though.

Specifically this picture is what I'm concerned about. Is he leaning forward? It may just be the picture, but if just him shifting a little can cause the lap belt to sit like that then that's definitely not ok.
http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/amandaplus4/bigkidsinrearseat.jpg

I think it might just be his shirt over it making it look that way but as soon as he moves a little bit the shoulder part falls off and most of the time he is sitting back there we have him and his sister back there and a rf roundabout 55 in the center and either a myride 65 rf or triumph 65 rf or a nautilus in the center for now I can put my 3yr old in the back so he can sit in the middle

christineka

Since the turbo is rather girly, I would put the evenflo in the other car for your dd and buy two seats for your son. Maybe two turbos?

Amandaplus4

also added pics of him in one of our graco nautilus sorry the seats grungy looking i need to wash it I think I will leave him in the nautilus in my car for now the big kid the the middle row bucket in his dads van until I get him a new one I dont like him riding in it if its not fitting properly

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
also added pics of him in one of our graco nautilus sorry the seats grungy looking i need to wash it I think I will leave him in the nautilus in my car for now the big kid the the middle row bucket in his dads van until I get him a new one I dont like him riding in it if its not fitting properly

How much does he weigh? I know he's 6 but with how little he is I would probably keep him in a harness for another year or so.

also you think it needs to come up more on her? It was above her shoulder

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r577/amandaplus4/zoebigkid.jpg This picture makes it looks like it's sliding too low off her shoulder to me, but it could be the illusion with her shirt strap falling down and the angle.

Amandaplus4

I just weighed him and its right in at 40 lbs so I will def keep him harnessed longer. yeah the dress was fitting her weird but it likes to slip on him too im not crazy about that seat at all a friend bought it for him though we will use it for her in dhs van and I have 3 of the nautilus his 3 yr old sister rides in one in my van most of the time and 1 in dhs van I can put her in the triumph in dhs van so Landon can be harnessed in both vans

Baylor

You have adorable kids. Now I think I know what you meant. That harnessed in the GN the straps are on his thighs??
That's normal.

auto correct hates me

Amandaplus4

You have adorable kids. Now I think I know what you meant. That harnessed in the GN the straps are on his thighs??
That's normal.

auto correct hates me

I think the harness is I will take better pics once installed please tell me he fits right im running out of seats here lol I cant wait till october when I take my cpst class so I can answer my own ?'s

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC