Advocate on airplane?

M

mamma2j

Does anyone know if my Britax ADvocate will fit on an airplane seat? If not, any recommendations for a smaller but equally as safe carseat? We don't fly often at all, so if I buy a second car seat I want it to be one I feel as comfortable using once we are home as I do the Advocate.

Thanks!

ADS

Brianna

Hi and welcome to car-seat.org!

Your Advocate is FAA approved so it is allowed on a plane, but at upwards of 20" wide and 20+ pounds, I wouldn't try to take it on a plane. If it does fit on a plane, you would most likely need the armrest up.

How old and heavy is the child? What is your budget for a spare seat? Is there a specific vehicle you'll be using at your destination, or a specific vehicle you'll leave the spare seat in when you're home?

Jan06twinmom

It will fit on the plane, but you'll most likely need to put the armrest up. I've flown with the Britax Decathlon and the Evenflo Triumph (old style), which are both big/wide seats. The ET even fit on a smaller Canadair Regional Jet. I didn't think it was worth buying a new seat since we only fly with our kids once a year at most.

If you tell us about the size of your child, we can give you specific recommendations if you want to consider a different seat.

Melanie

U

Unregistered

Thanks! Our daughter is almost 2 years old and I dont' even know her size bc she's due for a well visit next month. Maybe about 25 lbs and 33 inches? We don't have a tight budget for a second car seat, but we wouldn't want to spend the 300$ + that we spent on the Advocate.

Lenae

A lightweight, user friendly travel seat is the Cosco Scenera. It's very bare bones though, no bells and whistles. If budget isn't a concern, I'd look into a Roundabout 50 as a travel seat. I actually love traveling with my classic Marathon, and haven't had any issues with needing the armrests up. I also love traveling with my Safety 1st Complete Air. It's well padded, narrow, and a lot lighter than Britaxes. It is the seat I'll be using for my upcoming vacation.

Lenae

Well technically you can, but it doesn't lay flat. It has some slope to it. Not bad, I still sat my DS's cup of juice (with a lid) on it, but crayons would roll off.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC