Advice on taking Radian cover off?

MustangMama

Taking it apart today to wash it for the first time, Baby N's afro grease has it a little messy :p

I'm scared I won't be able to get it back together.

ADS

Pixels

It's not that big a deal, once you get the black pegs out. I just pick a point to start and work my way around the seat.

When you reassemble, remember that you did not unthread the harness from the cover at the hips to get the cover off, and so you don't need to thread it through when you are reassembling. There are two sets of slits down there. The outer slits/notches are for the harness. The inner slits are for the hinge when the seat is folded.

HaileysMommy

I don't think it's as hard as some make it seem. Use the splitter plate or Safestop and slide it under the pegs and pop them off. Sometimes the slit is big enough to pull the cover over the pegs. It only goes on one way so you'll be fine. Good luck.

MustangMama

Victory! The hardest part was fitting my hand through the belt path to undo the crotch strap. Thanks for the tip on using the splitter plate! That really helped :thumbsup:

I am no longer afraid of the Radian :) lol

Jessica61624

MustangMama said:
Victory! The hardest part was fitting my hand through the belt path to undo the crotch strap. Thanks for the tip on using the splitter plate! That really helped :thumbsup:

The trick is to fold the radian and you'll get way better access to the crotch strap. I cannot fit my hand on the belt path.

HaileysMommy

MustangMama said:

Yay!!!

ninejr

Jessica61624 said:
The trick is to fold the radian and you'll get way better access to the crotch strap. I cannot fit my hand on the belt path.

Why didn't I know this trick! The next time I wash my radian covers will hopefully be easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC