Question Advice Needed--Time to FF DD2...What seat?

Which Seat for FFing?

• Evenflo Triumph Advance 50 or 65

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Graco Nautilus

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Britax Blvd or Advocate (Next Generation)

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Graco My Ride 65

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

StillThankful

Just had a check up today with both DDs and DD1 weights 41#. She just weighed 38# in August so I'm a little surprised.

I currently have her Rfing in an Advocate and Blvd (next generation), but need to change that pronto.

3y 9m
Stats: 40", 41#

I have a myriad of seats in my stash so what would you put her in for FFing?

ADS

StillThankful

Whatcha got? ;)
My favorites are the GN and FR85 if you are using a combination.

They grow so fast don't they?

Yes! They grow so fast! DD1 is in the FR85, so I guess I could use the GN for DD2.

Any other suggestions? ANyone have a larger toddler or preschooler in the BLVD or ADVOCATE with no complaints?

StillThankful

I'm surprised you're not going straight for the Triumph ;)

:D :p

I didn't want to sway any votes....so I laid low with the love DH has for this seat! LOL:p I was thinking of using the EFTA for DH's car for sure. I'm left with needing one for my van. If I take the GN for DD2, then what could I put DD1 in in DH's car? She's too tall for the EFTAs, can just fit in the Britax BLVD and ADV. I guess I could put her in the MR65 but DD1 is itching to be in a booster and keeping her in a "kiddie" looking 5 pointer isn't going to work. DD1 is fine with GN and FR85 because they appear to be "big girl" seat. :shrug-shoulders:

rachelandtyke

What it is with EFTAs and DHs? You gotta keep the EFTA for DH's car so Sandy can still get some love. :p When DD moved to FF, she went in an EFTA in DH's car and a Blvd in mine. She never had any complaints about it (besides the tearfest when I turned it FF because she was worried she wouldn't be safe).

StillThankful

What it is with EFTAs and DHs? You gotta keep the EFTA for DH's car so Sandy can still get some love. :p When DD moved to FF, she went in an EFTA in DH's car and a Blvd in mine. She never had any complaints about it (besides the tearfest when I turned it FF because she was worried she wouldn't be safe).

Sandy is well loved here!!:love::love: EFTA in DH's car for sure.

Just how many seats are you hiding there??;)

Hmmm....Let me think........Just a few:p 2 EFTAs, BLVD, ADV, GN, FR85, and a GN in my possession, MR65 and Compass booster w/ my sister, TFP and Evenflo Big Kid with my MIL, Not much at all for two kids LOL!......:p:eek:

Syllieann

I'd just flip her ff in the britax. DS is a little bigger and the ff bf70 still supports to his knees. Plenty of cushion and a nice recline for car sleeping. By the time she needs more leg support your odd will be ready for a booster and you can confiscate her gn then.

StillThankful

Thank so much ladies for your input.

For now, I decided to just keep her in the ADV for foward facing because DD1 uses the GN in DH's car.

For the record, I'm soooooo happy she is now forward facing. I've been having to lift her in the Rfing car seat and she was getting so heavy. She now can get in by herself and keeps saying she is a big girl. She is thrilled to be forward facing and so am I.:D :thumbsup:

Baylor

I hear that! My cousin has her dd erf and when you put her in she puts her feet on the back and arches.. ugh! I don't miss rfing at all.

I am almost to the full booster mode and I am not pushing it and will keep fr85 for long trips and night trips til he is at least 6 but I love how easy it is to get everyone in and clicked in boosters.

I feel like I just admitted something horrible!!;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC