6 kids in an ‘06 Honda Odyssey

E

Erin

Trying to figure out the best way to make this work.

Me and my husband plus

16 yo, 5’7”
13 yo, 5’5”
10 yo, 4’10”
8 yo 60 lb switching from Britax Frontier to Graco LBB
3.5 yo- 35 lb- going to switch her to FF in a Britax Frontier- has been RF in Diono Radian
1 yo- going to switch her to Diono Radian (RF obviously) from her Chicco Keyfit

We have had the 2 youngest, both rf, in the captains chairs and we remove the infant seat and loosen the base to get kids into the back and middle, then once everyone is in we tighten the base and put the baby in. But baby is 29 inches so we don’t have long so I need a plan.

My 3.5 yo still needs help buckling herself so access to her seat is important. I can have one of my teens help if they are with me but they aren’t always. I need to have one of my big kids in one captains chair so I can move the captains chair forward to access the back. Because someof my kids aretall and some wear dresses at times, climbing in the trubk or over seats isn’t great. The middle seat in the second row is so narrow that I think any seat in it will interfere with the captains chair moving forward. I really liked my 2 littlest in the middle row. The other problem is I’d liketo put my baby and 3.5 yo in the same side so I don’t have the toddler getting out the other door if I happen to go somewhere with just the littlest.

Any ideas? It seems like there are no great options here. WWYD? If buying a new seat would help make life more convenient it isn’t out of the question, but I don’t know if there is a seat on the market narrow enough to get two of them (one rf and one ff) in the middle row and still have room for a captains chair to slide forward.

If a newer Odyssey would do this, how much newer would we have to go (I really, really don’t want to buy a new vehicle but we could save up for one if we have to)

ADS
E

Erin

I wanted to add we figured it out. I was able to get a RF Radian in the middle with the Frontier in 2D and leaving 2P free to access the back row. It took a few tries to get the Radian tight, but I got it!

aporthole

Have you tried installing the rear-facing Radian in the small 2nd row center seat just to see if it installs properly and whether or not one of the captain’s chairs has room to tip forward for 3rd row access?

How often do all 8 of you including your husband all ride together?

I’m thinking you’ll either need to put either 3yo or 1yo in the 3rd row, which I know is a pain to access and buckle but with every seat full, there aren’t many options. The other option is taking 2 cars and putting the 16yo up front.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jocelyn

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC