$50-60 per seat, 2 seats..what would you recommend?

mommyof3tx

I know a girl who is trying to replace her babies seats. One is coming up on 2yrs old and then the other is 7mo. She'd like them both RF for as long as possible. They are about average weight and height. If she can only spend $50-60 per seat..but does have their old seats so the BRU trade in would be an option too...what would you recommend to keep them RF the longest? In that range I always immediately think of Scenera but I know there are some new seats in that range that I don't know much about

ADS

jjordan

Carseatblog did a comparison of convertibles under $100 about 18 months ago. There are some new seats since then (I'm thinking Evenflo SureRide? I haven't really kept up with the new budget seats), but it's a good starting point.

D&L's-mommy

I'm in the same situation, I'm looking for a convertible under $100 that will allow rfing as long as possible. There's not many choices, even if you consider the BRU trade in, as their prices are typically higher than say, albeebaby.com or walmart. Maybe she could sell their seats to make up some of the money? What seats are they currently in? can the 2yo's current seat be passed down to the baby?
As far as seats in this price range, so far, for me, I'm liking the safety1st onside air (rf to 40lbs, $60 on albee or walmart) or for a little more the guide 65 (walmart at $78 rearfaces to 40lbs, then ff to 65lb, cost is a little more than she's looking to spend, but it may be worth it for the 2 year old as she won't need to replace this seat as quickly). Another good choice is the cosco apt, 40lb and 40" rf, and allows rf to top of head is even with shell costs about $50. There's also the scenera, which only rfs to 35lbs, but it only costs $39 at walmart.
there are other seats available in this price range like the evenflo tribute, or the graco comfortsport, but they are often outgrown before age 3

babyherder

Maybe find a scenera on sale for the baby (so its less than $50) and then get a Guide 65 for the older kid? Then start saving for a new seat for the older one when the baby outgrows the scenera rf and needs the Guide 65.

Brianna

Maybe find a scenera on sale for the baby (so its less than $50) and then get a Guide 65 for the older kid? Then start saving for a new seat for the older one when the baby outgrows the scenera rf and needs the Guide 65.

This, or what seat is the 2 year old in now, and could the baby use that RF and just buy a seat for the 2 year old? Then switch the older child to a Maestro when baby outgrows the now 2 year old's seat.

clmchrissy

Albee Baby now has free shipping for orders $49 & up. They have the girly Avenue. Rf to 35 but has a decent shell.

NVMBR02

I agree with the PP...what seats is she using now? Any chance of being able to use one of them...even if only for a little while so she can save a tad more?

If the other seats are unusable I think I would look at the Guide65 for the 2 year old and then either the Scenera or the Avenue the PP mentioned. I would only hesitate with the Avenue because of the DOM, but if she only needs the seat for a few years it probably wont be a problem.

mommyof3tx

The baby is in an Evenflo infant seat, one of the really cheap ones, can't remember the name off the top of my head. The 2yr old is in a Scenera but it's pink and the baby is a boy so I really don't think she'll use it for the baby...though I know it doesn't matter, I just don't think she will do it. I did suggest the Guide 65 for them both, told her to check her local BRU and see what their price was and see if she can make that work with the trade in so hopefully she can do that. Thanks!

Brianna

I see at least one boyish Scenera cover in swap right now if she would consider it.

Of course if the Guide 65 would work that would be a great option for getting both children RF to at least 2 :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC