3yo in seatbelt only on plane?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I have to call tomorrow, but there's a chance the kids won't need seats to go from the airport to the port, so what about Ilana? I was going to take her Radian for her, but space is an issue on the cruise so what would you do? I think I'll still take it, but it's nice to hear other's opinions. I don't have time or $$$ to even rent a CARES. Olivia is definitely taking her CCO of course.

ADS

rachelandtyke

I have been letting my DD ride in just the seatbelt on the planes lately (I have extra seats at my parents' house). I started letting her when she was about a year older than your DD, but the same size as your DD's stats. I think one thing to consider is maturity. My DD is good about sitting relatively still while on the plane and not messing with her belt. If she were constantly changing position so the belt fit differently or messing around with it, I would probably reconsider.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I let my kids sit in the airplane seatbelt at three. They know to keep the belt on. I did bring a sweatshirt or small pillow to take up some of the space in the seat. The belt wasn't tight, but it would keep them in their seat in turbulence.
I wouldn't do that if it meant checking a seat, but I took the SafeGuard Go or had a seat at my destination to use.

leighi123

Radian fits between the bed and the wall easily and isnt in the way. There is more room than people try to make you think (Iwas expectign a room the size of a closit, but there was tones of room even in a cheep cabin).
I'd bring it 'just in case'.

werforpsu

I think that I would also bring it just in case....is there a possibility that you will get off the boat to sightsee and she would need it? if there was no possibility that she would need it then i would think about leaving it. I also agree that allowing your 3yo to sit in a plane seat is about maturity, since we all know that maturity is a big part on ANY seat choices we make.

Northriver

It should fit under the bed. On our cruise last summer, I put mine inside an empty suitcase under the bed.

My daughter is so much more comfortable on the plane in a car seat than she would be in the seat belt alone. I'll keep flying with the Radian until she outgrows it, because it is just so easy to fly with.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC