3in1 or 4in1 portable with handle?

J

Jesse H

With my first son we bought a rear-facing car seat, I can't remember the model I believe it was Graco Nautilus, it was red anyway and really nice. The base was somewhat permanently fixed in the seat and the car seat itself simply clicked in and out, and it had a handle for carrying and fit perfectly in the front of a shopping cart.

I almost bought a Graco DLX today for my soon-to-be boy, but then I realized it doesn't appear to have a handle for carrying it and the rear facing mode. Do people who own this seat just carry their baby or wear a sling once they get to where they're going? Or do you own a separate portable carrier that you transfer baby into? That seems like it would pretty much defeat the purpose of having a four in one. Or am I just missing something, and this model doesn't fact have a handle for portability? If not, is there a grow-with-me style seat that does come with a handle?

This is my first post, thank you guys!

ADS

DogznKatz

Good Morning Jesse, There are various types of car seats. Rear facing only (these usually have a seat that attaches to the base), convertible (converts rear face to forward facing) forward facing only (the Graco nautilus is this type) booster seats (can be high back, no back) and All in One. Is your seat the Graco 4Ever DLX? If so, it is an all in one that rear faces, forward faces, and then becomes a booster seat. Many parents that start out with a convertible baby wear or use a stroller. A stroller should lie flat for a newborn. An all in one or convertible with a handle would be very heavy and bulky and/or not very portable. The Cars Seat Blog has a lot of great information on various types of seats. You can search the tab at the top of this page for seat types and reviews.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kellys

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC