Question 3 yr old outgrew BLVD70, what now?

Cristina

Hello,
Hoping for advice on what to do about seats for my girls. 7.5 yr old is in. Frontier in HBB mode. Almost 4 yr old I think has, or is about to, outgrow her BLVD70. Straps are *just at* shoulder level...if she doesn't sit up super tall.
So, what do I do for seats? Do I leave 7 yr old in her seat and get another for 3yr old, or do I get 7 yr old a booster and hand down the frontier?
What is a good HBB for a fairly tall 7.5 yr old?
Any advice appreciates.
Thanks!

ADS

aeormsby

I would move the younger to the Frontier (harnessed) and get a dedicated booster for the 7yo.

The Britax Parkway & Recaro Performance booster are my favorites.

Cristina

Thanks!
Any opinions on which fit better on most cars?
Also, do both allow me to use LATCH?
Thanks!

jess71903

Ambassador
The Parkway SGL and the Performance Booster are LATCHable. I have a PB and I love it. It's really wide, though, so in narrower seats it might be hard to buckle.

aeormsby

I haven't had any fit issues (belt-retraction type) with our Recaro, we had some with the Parkway (not sure if the newest version of the Parkway has the same belt guides). Like PP said the Recaro is wide but probably not wider than the Frontier.

Cristina

Thanks
Both are going in full sized captains chairs. I have a 2010 VW Routan. I kind of hate it though and as soon as finances allow I will likely be getting a Honda Pilot.
Any issues with either seat in a Pilot?
Thanks again, you all are always so great :)

henrietta

Thanks
Both are going in full sized captains chairs. I have a 2010 VW Routan. I kind of hate it though and as soon as finances allow I will likely be getting a Honda Pilot.
Any issues with either seat in a Pilot?
Thanks again, you all are always so great :)

I've been looking at Pilots this week. ;) We're buying a new to us car--probably an Odyssey. Folks here have said that anything fits and installs in the Pilot. I didn't try anything, but they could be right! I could also imagine that the Performance Booster may be so wide that your child buckling it for herself may be difficult. But definitely, unless you really, really need the added height of the Frontier in booster mode for dd1, pass it down to dd2, and purchase a dedicated high back booster for dd1.

Cristina

Thanks!
I purchased a Parkway SGL for older daughter.
Trying to decide if the fit is ok in my van. My belt stalks are high up and possibly interfere with the seatbelt buckle.
Also Routan is in the shop AGAIN!!! Cannot wait to trade it in. Good to know the Pilot is generally considered car seat friendly :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC