Question 3 Car Seats Across a Honda Fit

LauraAnne102

Hi! Almost of the posts on this (and yes, I've looked through all 41 pages of the 3-across thread) are old or irrelevant to my situation. I need to know if anyone has done a successful 3-across install with 2 FF (5-pt harness on both) and 1 RF (combination or bucket) that have been tech checked. These are the only 2 combinations I've found (Neither were tech checked):

Driver---Middle---Passenger
FF RNXT--FF Scenera--Keyfit30

And: FF RadianR100, RF Combi Cocorro, FF RadianR100

Just curious if anyone has done others? I own a Fit and am expecting #3 in Jan. and please don't tell me it's not possible - I'm not buying a van or other larger, less fuel efficient car because I don't want a car note. Please post pictures if you can.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hi, LauraAnne, and welcome to car-seat.org!

I am not 100% sure about which seats fit in the Honda Fit, but I'm hoping that bumping this up will result in someone who DOES know about the Fit posting. :)

I was going to suggest the two FF Radians and one RF Coccoro, but I see you've already found that combination. Does it not look appealing to you?

LauraAnne102

Thanks!!:D
Yes- I actually love those seats. I guess I was wondering if anyone had this combo checked out by a tech? Or if it could fit in any different positions (like the Combi outboard so you don't have to reach over another child to buckle in the infant). And maybe hoping to find a cheaper alternative (it's like $700-$800 depending on sale prices- which is better than a car note for sure!). I'm hoping we can find some helpful info from other Fit owners. :)

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
What year Fit do you have? It can make a difference from the 2007-2008 models to the 2009+.

I have a 2010, but no car seats, so I'm not much help here. All I can say is good luck!

nannykates

Ff sureride, ff radian rf radian might work.

The harmony defender might work in there too or a myride.

Knowing the ages and sizes of kids will help us (weight height and torso height) recommend seats that will work for them too.

LauraAnne102

Ok - here's more specific info.

It's a 2008 Honda Fit Sport

DD: 4yo, 42", 39#, needs to be a 5pt harness (weight and because I know I won't be able to squish my hands between car seats to buckle a seat belt)

DS: 2yo, 34", 28#

Baby #3: TBD, ETA Jan '14 (but my first was a whopping 10.5# and my second was 8.5# (and 4 weeks early) and I can't remember their heights)

I need one of the seats to be a RadianRXT - just spent the $ on it because we needed an extra seat for school drop offs and I knew having one would probably be the best bet for an eventual 3-across combo.

Note about the Honda Fit - you can't RF a Radian because of the advance airbag system and the car does not have enough space between the front and back seats. We've played around with it and it didn't safely work in any position RF.

CourtneyL

Have you tried the angle adjuster with the rf radian? I'm not sure how much it's different, but we have a 2013 fit and the radian with angle adjuster fits great rf.

LauraAnne102

Have you tried the angle adjuster with the rf radian? I'm not sure how much it's different, but we have a 2013 fit and the radian with angle adjuster fits great rf.

Yeah - we were not able to get a good install though because DH is too dang tall and needs the seat all the way back... lol! If I could get away with just me being the only adult in the car, we'd be fine - being 5'2" is at least good for something :) And if I remember correctly, the '13's have more rear passenger room than the '08's.

S

Shirl.

Does anyone know a equivalent to the Combi Coccoro in Canada. The Coccoro is not available in Canada!

H

Hannah

Yeah - we were not able to get a good install though because DH is too dang tall and needs the seat all the way back... lol! If I could get away with just me being the only adult in the car, we'd be fine - being 5'2" is at least good for something :) And if I remember correctly, the '13's have more rear passenger room than the '08's.
Were you able to figure it out? My mom has Honda Fit and we are trying to fit 2 FF and 1 infant seat. I am planning to buy 2 radian 3R for FF and we have a safemax infant seat that should fit in the middle (i hope).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC