3 car seats accross

Springy

Hi, I have searched posts but some of exactly what I am looking for is for models of cars from older cars.

We are looking to purchase a new SUV or minivan and need it to fit 3 car seats across in the second row. I want all the car seats to be in the 2nd row vs one in the 3rd. I wanted a minivan but it looks like the only minivans that seat 3 in the 2nd row are the odyssey and sienna which are a little on the pricey side.

Can anyone recommend any SUVs (or minivans if i dont know about them) that seat 3 car seats in the 2nd row relatively comfortably?

I will have a RF infant seat (I have a chicco keyfit 30 but am open to buying a new one,) a RF diono, and a FF britax frontier.

I would really like the starting price of the car to be in the mid 20's but can do my own research once at least I get all my options.

ADS

cantabdad

I wish I had more specifics for you, but in general I think you can get 3 across in most small SUVs if you are creative with the carseat selection and placement. The Keyfit and Radian are both pretty narrow, so you're ahead of the game.

I've done 3-across in a Subaru Outback (Radian, Oobr & Bubble Bum as well as 2 Radians and an adult). I think folks on this board have described successful 3-across setups in the Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester, too. I have heard the Toyota RAV4 is difficult due to overlapping seatbelts, and I'm not sure if that changed with the recent redesign.

Installing with the seatbelt rather than LATCH will usually get you an extra few centimeters because of the way LATCH anchors are located.

There's no substitute for getting an in-person feel at the dealership and installing seats for your test drive.

Springy

I wish I had more specifics for you, but in general I think you can get 3 across in most small SUVs if you are creative with the carseat selection and placement. The Keyfit and Radian are both pretty narrow, so you're ahead of the game.

I've done 3-across in a Subaru Outback (Radian, Oobr & Bubble Bum as well as 2 Radians and an adult). I think folks on this board have described successful 3-across setups in the Honda CR-V and Subaru Forester, too. I have heard the Toyota RAV4 is difficult due to overlapping seatbelts, and I'm not sure if that changed with the recent redesign.

Installing with the seatbelt rather than LATCH will usually get you an extra few centimeters because of the way LATCH anchors are located.

There's no substitute for getting an in-person feel at the dealership and installing seats for your test drive.
thank you!

i did pick out the car seats keeping in mind that we wanted a 3rd. the other car unfortunately has a bulky boulevard and i doubt that will work anywhere for a 3 across.

i just have no idea what to do about an suv/minivan. the odyssey really is pricey but so are lots of SUVs. its too bad the less expensive dodge grand caravan has only 2 seats in the 2nd row.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC