3 across in corolla help!!

Linds1110

I need help. I need to fit 3 across in my 2010 corolla. I have a 5 year old that is 38lbs still harnessed currently in a natilus, 2.5 at 27lbs in a boulevard, and a baby due in a few weeks. Budget doesn't matter. I have 1 radian already. Trying to figure out what else will work. The natulius is too wide.

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hello and welcome to car-seat.org!

It appears that the 2010 Corolla has approximately 43-44 inches of rear hip room. That doesn't necessarily mean that's the room you have to work with, but it is a good estimate. Some seats can "puzzle" well, so they can overlap a bit. Other seats need a little "extra" space for buckling and accommodating the armrests of the rear doors.

For your five-year-old, I would look at the Harmony Defender. It is a combination seat that will harness for now, and will convert to a booster later. It is approximately 17" wide.

For the two-year-old, I would use the Radian you have. Is the two-year-old rear-facing or forward-facing?

For the new baby, I would look at the Combi Cocorro (if you are okay with using a convertible from birth). It is approximately 15" wide. If you want an infant seat, I would look at the Graco Snugride 30. It is approximately 16.5" wide.

This is going to be VERY tight, so the above might not work. I hope someone who is more familiar with your vehicle comes along soon. :)

Linds1110

We also have a 2006 gmc canyon crew can truck that has more room. I was thinking 2 radians and a cocorro. We will get a new vehicle next year so I just need something to last a year.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Ah! In that case, I think your idea of two Radians and a Cocorro is a great idea.

Is your two-year-old rear-facing or forward-facing?

Linds1110

I sent her a private message first and haven't heard back yet. He is now FFinf because we couldn't get a good fit rfing in my corolla with his radian while we went on vacation and his britax wasn't useable because I had to order a new foam head piece.

Linds1110

I got 3 across in my husbands truck. 2 radians forwarding facing outboard and cocorro rear facing center. All independently tight. It was work but we did it!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiberdasher

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC