3 across in 99 Altima?

NannyMom

Is it possible? We need 3 rear facing seats: 2 2year olds and a newborn. 3 radians don't fit, mostly because of the contoured seatbacks. They own 2 true fits and a Pacifica. They are willing to buy new seats, but it needs to be as inexpensive as possible.

ADS

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
A million years ago, I had a Gerry 2 in 1, a Snugride (the old one with the knob base) and a Evenflo Medallion OHS in that car. Then, 999,999 year ago I replaced the SR and the medallion with a rfing Marathon and rfing Roundabout. Then the RA became a Britax Laptop, and the 2 in 1 a Futura.

All this to say, it's possible. Maybe try two clones outboard? Oh wait, are the TrueFits the anti-rebound ones?

NannyMom

A million years ago, I had a Gerry 2 in 1, a Snugride (the old one with the knob base) and a Evenflo Medallion OHS in that car. Then, 999,999 year ago I replaced the SR and the medallion with a rfing Marathon and rfing Roundabout. Then the RA became a Britax Laptop, and the 2 in 1 a Futura. All this to say, it's possible. Maybe try two clones outboard? Oh wait, are the TrueFits the anti-rebound ones?

True fits are both anti rebound. 1 is premiere and the other is the newer SI. They won't even fit in the car with a radian center. She's not interested in a RFO seat, but would use and leave it in the car if that's what's needed.

I have on hand that we'll try:
My ride, sr32, tribute, classic roundabout 50, radians

jjordan

Oh lordy. I unfortunately know EXACTLY how hard this is because we used to have a 99 Altima. I think it is probably impossible. I'd say that your best bet is a Radian in the center and two classic Britax convertibles outboard. I think the classic Roundabout 50 is a really really good bet. I think that the 3 across we managed was a Radian RF in the center, another FF outboard, and a Compass infant seat outboard. I never was super comfortable with it, but the installations were all technically correct and independently tight.

jjordan

I'm not super-familiar with the 2011 civic, but I doubt it would be any harder than the altima! The way the altima seats are contoured makes 3 across a real challenge, and then it also has quite long buckle stalks which makes it difficult to install some seats (like radians). Also the seat bight is weird, which is not good for a RF radian.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Radian/MyRide combination is a dream for narrowness. I might try Radian, MyRide, TrueFit and if that doesn't fit you could try a second MR (or Radian, if the 2yos don't fit in the MR.)

NannyMom

Radian/MyRide combination is a dream for narrowness. I might try Radian, MyRide, TrueFit and if that doesn't fit you could try a second MR (or Radian, if the 2yos don't fit in the MR.)
Any idea if the new Diono seats still work wonderfully with the My Ride? Since they're a tad wider at top

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC