Question 2y9m outgrew MyRide- what's next?

hope41more

DS (36 lbs, 38 inches, 2y9m) outgrew his MyRide rf yesterday in DHs car by height (only a 1/2 inch left, he hasn't ridden in it for 2 months!). He rides in it occasionally, my car is DSs main car, where he still rf in a foonf.

Is there an inexpensive option that is taller than a MyRide, or is our only option at this point if we want to continue to rf a radian or another foonf?

I'm right in feeling uncomfortable ff a 2y9m, right? I figured that went without question...

ETA: if it helps, our original plan was to rf in the foonf until 53" or 50lbs or kindergarten, whichever happened first.

ADS

Jessica61624

Depending on the amount if time he spends in that car I would be ok ff. The cheapest option to keep him rear facing is a size4me.

MommyShannon

The SureRide has a 40" rf height limit but it would give you a little more time and it has a very tall harness to ff. It'd be a good spare seat.

hope41more

So after all the funny stuff I read about the SureRide harnesses (being twisty, not tightening on each side equally), I decided to not go that route since it is for DH, and it has to be buckle, tighten, and go.

I looked at the NextFit - it only goes to 40 pounds. That would give us 3-4 more pounds only, and considering he gained one pound in two weeks during his last growth spurt 4 weeks ago, it made me nervous.

So that left us with the two 45 pounders - the radian, or the foonf (50 pounder).

I told DH to get on the internet, look at the features, look at the crash tests, and tell me what to order. He told me to order a second foonf!!!!! :eek:

So I am now the proud owner of my Moonbeam in the main car and his Drift in the second car. yay!

Thank you for all your help.

essnce629

Wow, your DS must have a super long torso! Do you have a picture of him in the outgrown MyRide? My son is 4 years old, 41.5 inches, and just outgrew his MyRide rf'ing last week! I was surprised it lasted so long! He's 38 pounds.

Brianna

I'm not the OP but J outgrew his MR right around 2 1/2. IIRC he was around 36 pounds and between 36 & 38 inches. He'll be 4 in 2 months and has 2 clicks left on his FR85.

hope41more

Wow, your DS must have a super long torso! Do you have a picture of him in the outgrown MyRide? My son is 4 years old, 41.5 inches, and just outgrew his MyRide rf'ing last week! I was surprised it lasted so long! He's 38 pounds.

It's already uninstalled, but ff he has an inch, rf he has a half inch to the top of the shell. The padding sticks up on mine a couple inches past the shell, but if you push it down, it was totally a half inch to the top. He was 37.5 inches tall when I measured him at a half inch.

He's a crazy grower though. On June 6th, he was 36.5 inches at the docs and 34.5 pounds. On June June 27, he was measured at the doc an inch taller and a pound heavier. Same shoes, had on shorts and a tee both times. He's crazy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC