2021 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L (gas) Car Seat Fit Questions

NYAVGUY

I am considering leasing a 2021 Pacifica Touring L (gas) and found that car seat installation can be challenging in this vehicle so posting to see if my current seats will work an/or if I need to consider any new seats as part of my purchase (preferably only HBB).

Concerns:
  1. -Want to ensure Chicco Nextfit or Britax Boulevard Clicktight will work FF with fixed headrest in 2nd row
  2. -Want to ensure I can use Frontier Clicktights as HBB until height limit is reached
    1. I found online that the Frontier clicktight works well in 3rd row with headrest down, not sure about 2nd row
  3. Graco HBB require headrest and don't allow gaps, so I don't think I can use those in the Pacifica?

Details - 3 Kids:
9yo / 66lbs / 52" - Likes HBB still
6yo / 51lbs / 48.5" - Just switched to HBB from harness
2yo / 31lbs / 36" - Rear facing

Seats I own:
2x Britax Frontier Clicktights - Plan to use in HBB mode until height limit is reached for older kids
1x Chicco Nextfit Zip - currently being used RF for 2yo)
1x Britax Boulevard Clicktight (too tight for RF our 2yo now)
1x Graco Affix - Used for 6yo in our current car
1x Graco Turbobooster LX w/safety surround - Used for 6/9yo in Grandparents cars
1x Graco Nautilus w/safety surround - Currently unused and expires next year

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hello and welcome,

Unfortunately, I do not have a Pacifica to answer your specific questions. Tall forward-facing car seats can be a problem with the fixed head restraints. Fortunately, for booster seats, a backless booster is a perfectly acceptable option for your 6yo and 9yo if a HBB doesn't work out.

I have some general comments in my review and video here. It was on the original model year, but I don't think the seating arrangements have changed since then: https://carseatblog.com/42655/2017-chrysler-pacifica-review-video/

I hope someone with a Pacifica can address your specific concerns. I think the Pacifica is a very reasonable option for 3 kids, but if you are planning on more, the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna tend to be a bit more child friendly in back.

I am considering leasing a 2021 Pacifica Touring L (gas) and found that car seat installation can be challenging in this vehicle so posting to see if my current seats will work an/or if I need to consider any new seats as part of my purchase (preferably only HBB).

Concerns:
  1. -Want to ensure Chicco Nextfit or Britax Boulevard Clicktight will work FF with fixed headrest in 2nd row
  2. -Want to ensure I can use Frontier Clicktights as HBB until height limit is reached
    1. I found online that the Frontier clicktight works well in 3rd row with headrest down, not sure about 2nd row
  3. Graco HBB require headrest and don't allow gaps, so I don't think I can use those in the Pacifica?

Details - 3 Kids:
9yo / 66lbs / 52" - Likes HBB still
6yo / 51lbs / 48.5" - Just switched to HBB from harness
2yo / 31lbs / 36" - Rear facing

Seats I own:
2x Britax Frontier Clicktights - Plan to use in HBB mode until height limit is reached for older kids
1x Chicco Nextfit Zip - currently being used RF for 2yo)
1x Britax Boulevard Clicktight (too tight for RF our 2yo now)
1x Graco Affix - Used for 6yo in our current car
1x Graco Turbobooster LX w/safety surround - Used for 6/9yo in Grandparents cars
1x Graco Nautilus w/safety surround - Currently unused and expires next year

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kellys

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Maxi Cosi is a proud sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2021 Carseat Media LLC