2019 chrysler pacifica

M

Meagan

Hello! I have been trying to search for a new convertible carseat for my daughter. She is 8 months old. I live the Dionos, but have heard that they will not work in my vehicle due to the fixed headrests. I have been searching everywhere, but am getting mixed reviews. Any advice would be appreciated

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Hi there!

Not only are they going to not work once forward facing, they're pretty tough in your vehicle rear facing.

What do you like about them? I'd love to help with an alternate more compatible recommendation.

M

Meagan

Hi there!

Not only are they going to not work once forward facing, they're pretty tough in your vehicle rear facing.

What do you like about them? I'd love to help with an alternate more compatible recommendation.
I like how comfortable they look! They were recommended by a friend as being super comfy on long trips. I am so overwhelmed with this car seat stuff. I would love recommendations

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Hello! I have been trying to search for a new convertible carseat for my daughter. She is 8 months old. I live the Dionos, but have heard that they will not work in my vehicle due to the fixed headrests. I have been searching everywhere, but am getting mixed reviews. Any advice would be appreciated

Hi Meagan and welcome. We have a list of some ideas here: https://www.car-seat.org/threads/2021-recommended-car-seats-list-community-picks.229649/

Are you looking to install in the 2nd row captain's chairs? Do you have a budget range?

M

Meagan

Hello! I currently have three kiddos. This specific car seat will be for the second row captain chair behind the passenger. I would like to stay around $200....but it's not a hard budget, I can go over if needed.

M

Meagan

Hi Meagan and welcome. We have a list of some ideas here: https://www.car-seat.org/threads/2021-recommended-car-seats-list-community-picks.229649/

Are you looking to install in the 2nd row captain's chairs? Do you have a budget range?
Also, I did check out the list and it seems like a lot of those were ones that I was also advised against purchasing. I'm sorry for being a pain! I just want to find a comfortable seat for my little one that will also keep her safe =)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I wouldn't say the Diono seats are any more comfy than most for long trips, honestly. They are pretty typical in that area, and extremely difficult to use correctly.

If you're looking for luxury padding, I think the Nuna Rava may work forward facing. The Clek Foonf works but many kids don't find it comfy once forward facing. You might try the Chicco Nextfit or Britax Allegiance? Maybe even Britax One4Life...

Whatever you get, if you buy from somewhere like Amazon or Target with easy returns, just make sure you try installing in both directions before you remove the tags and all.

Last edited:
M

Meagan

I wouldn't say the Diono seats are any more comfy than most for long trips, honestly. They are pretty typical in that area, and extremely difficult to use correctly.

If you're looking for luxury padding, I think the Nuna Rava may work forward facing. The Clek Foonf works but many kids don't find it comfy once forward facing. You might try the Chicco Nextfit or Britax Allegiance? Maybe even Britax One4Life...

Whatever you get, if you buy from somewhere like Amazon or Target with easy returns, just make sure you try installing in both directions before you remove the tags

Thank you for the advice! I actually love the Britax seats. Those were also ones I was told probably won't work forward facing other than the one 4 life. I liked the safety first grow and go too, but was also told that's probably a no go.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I haven't TRIED them, but they look like they might work. It can't hurt to try if you like them.

I think the Grow and Go is a little less likely to work forward facing; much less likely rear facing.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My recollection is that many convertibles and all-in-ones that have internal, adjustable head restraint sections may work in the captain's chairs. The internal car seat head restraint sections are far enough forward that they generally won't conflict with the vehicle head restraint. I think the Britax ClickTights are definitely worth a try. Like ketchupqueen said, make sure to buy somewhere with a free returns policy just in case, because return shipping costs a fortune. At Amazon and Walmart, make sure it's sold/shipped by Amazon or Walmart and not a third party retailer so it qualifies for free returns. Also, Prime Day is Monday/Tuesday this week so Britax will have certain fashions on sale up to 30% off: https://amzn.to/2U7Lig2

Here is a video of my look when the Pacifica was introduced. I don't know if the captain's chairs have changed significantly since then, sorry. https://carseatblog.com/42655/2017-chrysler-pacifica-review-video/

MelodyoftheForest

Sorry I'm late to the game, but I have a 2017 Hybrid Pacifica and played in the regular version when we were looking. The hybrid has the advantage of removable head restraints in the captain's chairs, so it is a bit different. I was actually going to suggest the opposite of Darren, that a seat without a separate, adjustable head section might work better. Something that sits low like some of the Evenflo convertibles (I have a SureRide that sits low) could help too. Also, try reclining the seatback of the captain's chair a bit when you install forward-facing to better match the angle of the child seat. That could help reduce interference as well. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC