2016 Honda Pilot

jwilliams

What is the material in the Accord Sport?

After all we went through on Saturday, I am making sure I know exactly what color exteriors there are and their corresponding interiors BEFORE I go to the dealership!
Somewhat stiff black canvas.
d451bad530f87ebac099734c708aae4b.jpg

The Sport only comes with black fabric, regardless of the exterior. It's essentially the base model, but with slightly more power, another exhaust, lower MPG, a spoiler, bigger wheels, a leather steering wheel, and a very adjustable driver's seat. We got it because we don't drive a ton, so the MPG wasn't a big concern, and it was available for a good price.

The Honda site does a fairly good job of breaking down the available combinations if you go to the "build your own" link. So you can be prepared :)

ADS

msg221

Congrats on the new wheels!

Thanks! So far, I really like this Sonata. Even more than the Accord. The seat is much more comfortable to me and I like that it feels roomier. The safety features are great and I love the way the dash/instrument panel looks, especially at night when it lights up in pretty blue lights! :p

As far as car seats go, I have only installed the base to an SR35 Click Connect in the center using the seat belt. With that leather there, it definitely makes it slide around more so later today I need to go back in and try to fix that. I will be picking up a friend tomorrow and her 1.5 month old will be riding in it so I need to get it in there a little more snug. I do like how there are plastic covers over the LATCH anchors so no having to hunt for them.

msj

So we just got back from our long road trip in the new '16 Pilot. Ours is EXL AWD. We have two kids (3yo/6yo), and we were moving up from a Mazda5 that we really kind of loved. We don't have a great need for extra cargo space beyond what we would get with the third row down, so I can't comment on how much trunk space you get with the third row up. I will say that there is plenty of room in the third row for me to ride comfortably--I'm 5'7" with longish legs. I could sit there easily for a few hours. This was part of the decision for us, along with the multiple third row tether anchors. (I can't believe there isn't even ONE third row tether anchor on the Kia Sorento!)

msj

We do have the 8-passenger. You can only get second-row captain seats in the highest trim. We would have preferred that, but $$$$$$$$$.

mfrasier

Hi msj and anyone else who has a 2016 Pilot....

I am looking at getting a Honda Pilot as currently we borrow my sisters when my inlaws are in town as they bring the whole crew with them, or we are driving up to see them. On these trips we used each of the 8 seating positions. Currently what I am worried about in the 2016 is the width of the third row it seems smaller than in previous years, am I just imagining things? In my sisters 2007 Pilot what we do in the third row is Me, Niece ff in a sureride, SIL and its comfy width wise as SIL is a tiny thing and I am pretty average and I have found that there are plastic bits that allow your butt to overflow the true seat without hanging we had no problems on 3 hr day trips to San Antonio like this. So the ultimate question is: Do you think this seating arrangement would work in the 3rd row of the 2016? With all the safety and tech upgrades if I can score a good deal at the end of the year I would much rather get the 2016 over a used one. But if I cant get everyone in the vehicle I know my DW isnt going to let me buy a new narrower seat for my niece since this only a few times a year deal, and we currently don't have kiddos that would use it. We do have large dogs which is why the pilot also makes sense day to day, I am tired of having to detail my seats before anyone rides in my car.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I don't think the third row is any narrower overall, but they slightly increased the width of the seat on the passenger side at the expense of the middle seat. The middle seat is going to be all but useless except for a thin pre-teen when sitting next to other kids who are not in carseats, or perhaps in narrow backless boosters. If the sureride will actually install in the middle, you might manage two adults next to it. The middle seat buckle stalks are longish, and may need to be twisted for use with some carseats.

Also, while plenty wide for 3-across, the second row center seat has some crossover issues with the seatbelt, LATCH hardware and seat recline hardware. Some seats will not be compatible in the middle, particularly when using LATCH. Perfectly fine for a booster or older child, and some carseats do work well there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC