2014 Ody vs Sienna, would I regret going from Honda to Toyota line?

Marvin711

So I have driven an Odyssey for the past almost 6 years, I had a Sienna a couple years before that. We lease, I LOVE my van. My current is a 2011 and the wider middle row that fits pretty much any combo 3 across is amazing!! That said, because we do lease and plan to continue to do so, bottom line numbers are important. Honda incentives are not as strong as Toyota right now, which puts the Sienna in the running. It would most likely be a 7 passenger. My kids are older now, 9, 5, 2. So big kids can buckle themselves in back.

I've read there are fewer latch seating positions in the Sienna, is this still true for 2014? What else would I "give up" by switching? Fingers crossed our Honda guy comes back with a better number tomorrow, we usually just move straight across! I think they are both great vans, and since I plan to drive it for 30-36 months, long term reliability and such aren't issues for me.

Thoughts? Point me to a good side by side comparison?

We have Britax convertibles, Coccoro, Radians, Recaro and Britax boosters....so thinking seat wise we would be fine?

ADS

MommyShannon

The sienna only has 3 top tethers (2 in 2nd row, 1 in 3rd). That wouldn't be a huge deal since you have 2 booster riders, but if you think you will have other harnessed riders in the 3rd row, it might be.

tl01

Re: 2014 Ody vs Sienna, would I regret going from Honda to Toyota line?q

I did the same.... 2011 ody to 2012 sienna and I am back driving a 2013 ody. I was NOT pleased with my sienna. It had lots of issues and Toyota wasn't nearly as good with the issues as Honda. I'm talking corporate not dealers. Also... I didn't like the ride as much and I don't like the dashboard in the sienna. The sienna also hasn't had any real changes since it was released in 2010. The 2014 ody has almost everything I want them to change vs the 2013. 2014 ody also has better safety ratings.

I have seen some pretty good deals on the 2014... Let me know if you want me to compare what you are being offers... I am a self proclaimed leasing expert;).

Marvin711

Very afraid I would get responses like yours! We are serial leasers...it just works for us! But I would like your opinion so will message you!
I almost drooled over 2014 Ody...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC