Question 2013 Honda CR-V vs Crosstour. Compatible seats? Three across? Other input?

Marvin711

Almost time for DH to lease new commuter car, usually go with Accord but we live outside of town now and there are mornings in the winter where the AWD option would be helpful! Considering Crosstour and CR-V...3 kiddos. Lots of seats. (Britax convertibles, XTSL, CCO, multiple boosters, etc)
Would like general feedback on these two choices and seats...kids aren't in his vehicle on a daily basis but we like to have that option available!
Thanks!

ETA: kids are almost 8, 4, 1.5

ADS

T4K

Does the Crosstour have the same backseat as an Accord? If it does, I'd go for that as far as seats go, I wouldn't hesitate to go to a dealership and get a feel of the vehicles with all 3 kids.

Marvin711

Yes same backseat as Accord, I think. We drove one last time his lease was up and they were very similar. We haven't driven a CR-V so I am thinking will have the dealer bring one over this week for us to play with seating and such.

carseatfreak

I peeked in a CRV when my mom was looking at them and it looked smaller than the backseat of the Accord we drive. I think we even asked for rear hip room dimensions and it was less than the accord (if that is the same as the crosstour).

Marvin711

carseatfreak said:
I peeked in a CRV when my mom was looking at them and it looked smaller than the backseat of the Accord we drive. I think we even asked for rear hip room dimensions and it was less than the accord (if that is the same as the crosstour).

Good to know, that is kind of what I was thinking the case would be, we've never looked at them before. Guessing you didn't install any seats?

carseatfreak

Marvin711 said:
Good to know, that is kind of what I was thinking the case would be, we've never looked at them before. Guessing you didn't install any seats?

No. Knew it wasn't worth it. I would have looked closer if I thought it was doable because it has more trunk space obviously than the accord (and we were vehicle shopping at the time too). You can go to honda's website and search the specifications on each vehicle (u can on any vehicle website) and look at the hip room in the rear seat. That has always been the best indicator for me. The accord is doable but tight. We have two radians rf and a booster (have a lite rider and have done a turbo booster and a safety 1st something). I can not fit our two classic MA's rf with a booster in the accord (I thought they would puzzle but I couldn't get it to work).

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
Make sure you check out the CR-V thoroughly before you even consider it. I'm not familiar with the '13 model year but the newer ones that I've had to work in lately have been a nightmare for more than 2 kids. This is definitely not a 3-across friendly vehicle - mostly due to the crazy center seating position.

Marvin711

Ok well we just looked at CR-V dealer wasn't open but one was actually unlocked on lot! :) Seat is much flatter than our 2010 Accord which in theory would make seats easier to install. Is a bit narrower though. What's the deal with the center? Should have looked more closely.
I am thinking CCO center RF and 2 HBB outboard or XTSL and HBB outboard...but haven't tried them. Really hoping they will run one out to our house this week for me to play with seats with. We love the Accord but I have been a little disappointed with the backseat, I thought it would be a little easier to get 3 across!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC