2012 Odyssey help

Christie

You can read about all my trials and tribulations with various installs in the 2011 (current generation) Ody model here: http://carseatblog.com/8090/2011-honda-odyssey-touring-elite-the-ultimate-kids-carseats-review-with-tons-of-pics-videos/

FYI - the problem I had with the Britax convertible in the center "multi-function" seat was with the previous version "Classic" Britax Marathon rear-facing. I didn't have a newer Britax convertible to try in this vehicle at the time unfortunately.

HTH!

This is what I was referencing.....

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
She has the seat removed to get in and out to help the older 2 buckle in the 3rd row. I'm not going to tell her to not do that or to load in and out of her trunk. That would require her to remove or climb over her double jogging stroller she keeps back there.

She has a 2 year old and 4 year old in the 3rd row and her twins in the middle row. Pretty sure she's not going to change the set up. It works for her.

I agree...I hate loading through the trunk. Many people would rather remove a seat than do that I assume.

Sent from my iPad using Car-Seat.Org

Holly

She has the seat removed to get in and out to help the older 2 buckle in the 3rd row. I'm not going to tell her to not do that or to load in and out of her trunk. That would require her to remove or climb over her double jogging stroller she keeps back there.

She has a 2 year old and 4 year old in the 3rd row and her twins in the middle row. Pretty sure she's not going to change the set up. It works for her.

I have an 8 passenger Sienna and I keep one of the 2nd row chairs out so the two oldest can get to the back row easier. It would be so obnoxious for me to put anyone in through the back (my oldest are 6 and 7), and it's obnoxious to tumble a seat out of their way each time. It's much easier to just have one seat out at all times. It's usually a captain's chair that is out but right now for the winter it's the middle "plus one" type seat so that ds can ride outboard where I can help him get in without having to kneel on the floor of the van where the girls just tracked slush and snow inside. It workes great for us! Unless we had 6 kids and needed each seating spot, this set up works better than anything else.

bnsnyde

Loading through the trunk really means I do nothing. The kids just climb in! The ones back there are nearly age 2 and 4. One is RF and one is FF. It's so easy!

Climbing into the actual van and then climbing back to the third row was more difficult for me. And it caused salt from the snow to get into the parts from the door, which creates rust within a few months! Crazy design, I guess. Plus, our captain's chair broke within a few months of a BRAND new Odyssey van because of all the back and forth. That did not inspire me. Warranty fixed it, but still.

Now, I do lean in to buckle the RF 2-year-old in the third row, but it's super, super easy. The 4-year-old can do the Radian himself.

I do have a small stroller back there. A big jogger might get in the way, though, yes. I would try to anchor it down if it's in the trunk, at least.

Hope it works out! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC