2010 Honda Odyssey pics.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
A few pics from the Auto Show. Jessica will add pics also.

We were impressed with the belt fit compared to other 3 seater vehicles. The Dodge (Rhouton) back seat shoulder belt was horrible. So was the Suburban and Tahoe.

Jessica volunteered to put her hand in the door.

+1 radian install.

Rear facing:

She Jessica's pic.

Forward facing, hard, but doable:

1265006106.jpg

I was impressed the all back seats, including the +1 has tethers. The seat belts fit adult well.

I have decided I want a 2007 to present Odyssey, since those all have the tethers, +1, well, basically everything I would want.

Last edited:
ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

I'm confused... the RF 'install' doesn't appear to be installed. I don't see anything through the RF belt path. Did you take it out before the pic?

WhatAboutPuppy

Yep! I have the pic!! And that's not in the Odyssey RF! lol That's a different car... take a look at your captains chairs. :)
I don't want to talk about the poor/blurry quality! GRR!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Get it?

The RF was also way more reclined... But here we go:
Center.
21071_526432179048_51701790_31261126_3331812_n.jpg

Outboard.
21071_526432199008_51701790_31261130_6193101_n.jpg

For FF center on Plus One seat... Pull straight out on belt or it's going to bunch and not allow it to tighten.
21071_526432184038_51701790_31261127_8160904_n.jpg

You can see FF how wide the Plus One is in comparison to the RN.
21071_526432189028_51701790_31261128_2721949_n.jpg

Beautiful! :love:
21071_526432194018_51701790_31261129_8079819_n.jpg

Sorry guys... I didn't mean for it to take this long to post my pictures. :(

WhatAboutPuppy

Missed one of the most important pictures...
This is the Radian RF on the Plus One seat at the seat bight. The foot hits this plastic piece on each side, no way around it. And you can't install in front of it, we tried... Three of us installing the seat together... it.is.not.staying.in.front.

21071_526433162078_51701790_31261141_4255808_n.jpg

lovinwaves

LOL about sticking your hand in the sliding door. We did that at the dealer's as well when bought our Odyssey. It works on the windows as well (can't remember if it works on the sunroof too though :question:) :)

Same experience I have too with the Radian!

It's actually not a bad install on the "plus one seat" is it? I have found if I recline the seat just a bit, then pull it back up after I tighten with the seatbelt it is in SOLID. If that is too hard on someone's back you can always have another person climb into the 3rd row (if it's up) or the cargo area and have them push the seat forward.

It over reclines for me as well rear-facing in the "plus one seat."

So just to confirm...the "plus one seat" had a forward-facing tether? And you are saying the 2007+ models of the Odyssey do as well?

You didn't happen to notice if they changed the center flip down tray? Just needing to know if I need to change my rear-facing tether article in my signature link ;)

Thanks for the pictures you guys!!!

lovinwaves

If that "plus one seat" has a top tether for it, then the Odyssey is going to make a great 3-across van for the second row (finally!). Especially if you have a Radian in the mix!

DSC01988-2.jpg

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, the plus one has a FF tether since 2007 according to the dealer. The front tray looks the same to me.

The install on the radian was good both RFing and FFing.

WhatAboutPuppy

The FF tether for the Plus One seat is on the floor, the captains chairs are on the chairs themselves. I didn't see the tether anchor for the Plus One until the salesman pointed it out. It would make an awesome RF tether for the 3rd row center IMO. :)

Also I think the RF RN on the Plus One would be great for a NB or small infant but once they want to sit up more I don't know. And I really think someone like DSS2 who's 34 pounds would over recline the seat, but outboard it looks like a great angle, and that's really without even trying. So definitely while your babe was the most fragile they could be center. just my thoughts. hehe

This is what the salesman said, and he didn't have the manual, but: LATCH could be used in any position (non-standard spacing on the Plus One, and not independent so if you used it center you'd do belt installs outboard), and all positions had a top tether anchor... All 8.

ctbcleveland

Can someone with a LATCH manual look up that detail? It suprised me that you could use LATCH in the plus one since they are all independent seats.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
There's nothing yet in the LATCH manual about the 2010 Ody model because the LATCH manual's current edition is the 2009 edition. The LATCH manual is published every two years and not due out with the next edition until 2011. :) The 2009 edition indicates Honda does not allow borrowing of outboard lower LATCH anchors for center installations, and there's no indication of any lower LATCH anchors or tether anchors in the Plus One seat in the 2005-2009 Odysseys. This is either a case of changes the LATCH manual compilers haven't caught onto nor confirmed yet with Honda for the next edition, or the Honda sales rep possibly misunderstanding and/or telling customers what they want to hear. :eek: :twocents:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC