2007 Sequoia with 2nd Row Captain seats. Good for child seats?

ahreno

I'm 6'6" so i need a vehicle with some good leg room. Our Subaru tribeca isn't cutting it even without a car seat, with a car seat, i cant even sit in the passenger seat at all. i found a 07 sequoia that seems like a good choice. it's three hours away so i am trying to do my research so i can just go buy it. My buddy has an 02 but it has the normal bench seats as the 2nd row. The child seat fits fine in there and allows the front seats to be all the way back without touching the rear facing seat.

i just wanted to see if anyone had any info on the 07 sequoia with the 2 captain chairs in the second row. Do they have decent tie downs (LATCH?) for a car seat? i tried looking in the manual but its kind of cryptic and seems geared towards the standard bench seat.

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

Yes, it will have LATCH, as it is newer than the model year it was first required. Most likely both captains chairs have a full set of lower anchors and top tethers. There is probably also one top tether in the third row. The top tethers are more important in the long run, as any seat can be installed with the seat belt, but forward-facing harnessed seats need the tether anchors. Looking at pictures online, it appears that the 2008-2017 generation has a top tether anchor in the center of the third row. If the same is true of the 2007, it looks pretty unusable because it would likely be really hard to get a seat installed in that spot with the big hinge there. So, if you can make due with the captain's chairs as the only realistic spots to put a FF harnessed seat, and you are sure of the leg room, it seems like a decent bet for you. (BTW, I have a brother your height, and have seen how uncomfortable he often is, so I feel you in this dilemma!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC