Question 2003 Honda Pilot-21 month old twins

MountainMaMaof2

I have been researching convertible car seats all week and I have to say my brain is mush now. Information overload. I have a 2003 Honda Pilot. I have 21 month old twin girls. They are 24 lbs and about 33-34 inches. My budget limit is $135.00 per seat. I am leaning towards the Safety 1st Alpha Omega Elite. My concern is I have read that they are really hard to install, but then I have read that alot on other convertible car seats in the rf position. I am also concerned it maybe too big. Me and my husband are tall and really can not have our front seats too far forward. But, when I look at the dimentions they don't look any bigger then other car seats. I live way out in the country and the closest "big" store, Walmart, is a hour away. I do not have the luxury of trying out a carseat before I buy it. I would like it to have good cushioning and be able to recline. Need input please. I can not read anymore reviews at this point. I need this carseat to last a very long time. I am so confused.

ADS

petriescz

How about a first years true fit? Your kiddos are light weight and would make it a long time rear facing and the true fit installs nicely both rf and ff in the pilot. We have loved ours. It has high shoulder height of 17 inches and rf until 35lbs and ff to 65lbs.

Brianna

3-in-1's aren't generally recommended here because they're not the best value for your money. They are outgrown rear and forward facing before other similarly priced seats, and they should almost never be used in booster mode because they don't position the seat belt properly to keep the child safe.

Stelvis

Also keep in mind that most convertibles take up less room rear facing than infant seats with bases do. I think the TrueFit Premiers would be excellent. They can be installed fairly upright so although they are a tall seat, they not take up much room front to back.

And, consider buying fom Amazon or somewhere else with free return shipping on car seats.

MountainMaMaof2

Well I have two infant car seats that fit perfect now. So, if that is the case I guess I really do not have anything to worry about. That was really helpful info.. thank you.

Kaitsmom

Stay away from the AOE, they are big, bulky, hard to install, and take up alot of room, my SIL has one and regretted it from day one. They also generally make dangerous boosters. Look at the True Fit, or the Graco MyRide. Ordering online is generally much cheaper too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC