2 Chicco Keyfit 30 seats in 2008 VW Rabbit

M

Muna G

Hello, I am expecting twin girls in the fall and settled on the Chicco key fit 30 infant seats. I am 5,7 and wondering if I'll be able to fit both seats in the out board seats (one directly behind the driver's seat, and one behind the front passenger seat.. I plan to use the space in between the seat for our 20lb French bulldog.

I'm considering using the infant seats for the first year with the Joovy twin roo double stroller frame, but unable to test and see if it'll fit in the VW trunk. Has anyone had experience with this or can speak to a double stroller snap and go that fit in your 200VW rabbit trunk. Thanks

ADS

MelodyoftheForest

I had a KeyFit in a Chevy HHR, and have put one in a Forester. Both are on compact frames in the same class as the Rabbit. I am the same height as you are, and the parents in the Forster were taller. I could install it at least behind the passenger seat in both vehicles. I am not sure if I installed it on the driver's side in either case, but I think it could just work. As for strollers, we used an umbrella stroller with universal attachment in the HHR. I would read and watch as many reviews of the stroller you're considering as you can. Someone has likely tried putting it in the back of a small hatchback! If that won't work, you might consider a twin umbrella stroller that can be used from birth, or a smaller stroller that will accept one seat and consider wearing the other baby. Maclaren has the Twin Techno that might fit the bill of a compact lay-flat stroller. I don't know enough about strollers to give any more specific info!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Make sure you put the front seats as upright as possible- it gains you a lot of room.

I would advise buying from someplace with easy returns like Amazon.

If you find you need a more compact seat, the Clek Lling is more compact and fits small newborns and multiples well.

Be aware that not all children, even if small at birth, will fit in a rear facing only seat for a full year, it varies widely.

Also be aware that using car seats in the stroller should be a short-trip plan. Children need to be watched closely at all times when in a car seat outside of the car. If you are doing more than a quick in and out somewhere or to and from the car, you should make sure you can safely wear or carry the babies, or have a lay-flat or bassinet stroller available to put one or both in, to ensure they are not at risk of injury from prolonged time in the semi-inclined position.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC