11/12 Odyssey (2 seats fit in 3rd row side by side?)

bnsnyde

This is specific and I'm wondering if anyone knows...it's like a puzzle and I'm trying to figure it out.

2011 or 2012 Honda Odyssey. Push right rear stow and go-style seat down. So you're left with the two seats in back (outboard and center). NOT much space.

Do any 2 carseats fit back there in that space? Looking for any combo. 2 RF, 2 FF, or RF and FF. Just anything that works. And then second question, would a Foonf and Radian puzzle at all there with one RF and one FF (probably just opinions at this point as it's not out yet)? I can't see how it would, but who knows.

The reason I'm asking is because if one did 2 outboard seats back there (obviously anything would fit), there is no way to get TO those seats if the second row is full and there were 5 kids in seats. Not to mention the safety of the middle seat. So...by keeping the right half folded, that's an access point. But two seats would have to fit next to each other.

I have a RF Radian center back. I tried a Scenera next to it any direction, and no way. Not even close. At all. Would a second Radian work even with the seat pushed down as such? I've heard 3 might work, but I'm wondering about 2 with the specifics above. I might lose some space by having the seat pushed down.

So people with 5 kids, or 6 kids in seats? Hmm...Do you just put a kid up front? My son would be 8 or 9 (probably some booster) once we'd need to fit a 6th kid in a seat. With 5, I'd just have kids climb. (Or have a booster to take in/out of second row). But that probably shoots down having a latched one...and after he goes in the carline at school, then it's probably a projectile!

Maybe I'm overthinking. But I do know that my 3 oldest have to be in the second row at some point b/c they need to hop out to the carline at school. Anything beyond that, we might have to park, etc.

Last edited:
ADS

lovemybabies924

My moms 06 pilot has the option to fold down just one outboard seat in the 3rd row and I can't get anything side by side with the seat down, you loose support space for the center space :( but I didn't try the radian rf and maestro outboard tho...

Malka

I'm curious about this too, since with carpool, I'll need 2 in my 3rd row in my 2011 Odyssey. One FF and one RF.

Stelvis

What about a GoHybrid in the middle for the FF seat?

ETA: wait, there's no LATCH there so that might be tough. Still, would it work outboard?

Last edited:

Nimommyof2

Does anyone know how different the seat is from the 2010 a RF Myride overlaps RF radian center in mine definitly could have the seat down as I have a nautilas taking up the whole 40portion.

bnsnyde

Here is the pathetic little space I have to work with (I can fit there barely with some gymnastics getting in). It's a Radian RF center, too, so I figure I can't get a smaller seat there! And the seatbelt buckle sticks out so much due to the Radian there. (No Latch in middle)

And you can see how when I have the right side folded down, kid in RF Radian has easy climbing access.

My thinking is that only two outboard seats would fit back there. I wish I had another Radian handy to try a setup.

This is the issue that people with 5 kids in seats, or carpoolers would face.
(And it looks like if I fold up the 40 part of the seat, it's a full seat to fit either a Radian or other narrow seat. Side by side, benefit of middle seat BUT no real access. But maybe doable.)

Attachments

• IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Nimommyof2

the Myride overlaps the edge of the van(windowsill)plus the radian the actual base of the Myride is pretty narrow but it was hard. I think I also had to have the seat back fairly upright to get the tight install on the myride

Syllieann

I'm pretty sure the 3rd row is the same as the 3rd gen isn't it? In my 3rd gen, you can do a rf radian in center w/ ff radian outboard on either side of it. You can also do fr85 center with rf radian on either side. With a seat installed center the 40 won't flip so you would need to put that down before installing seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC