Question 2003 Ford F150 Extended (not crew) cab truck

U

Unregistered

I'm trying to figure out which convertible seat will fit rear-facing in our pickup. The Graco Headwise 60 we have in our other car hits the back of the front seats and makes it impossible to have a passenger in the front because they must be folded forward.

Does anyone have this exact truck, or know the best fitting rear-facing convertible seat for it?

Thank you!

ADS
U

Unregistered

Almost 10 months, maybe 18 lbs, not sure height, but long torso. The Chicco Keyfit 30 fits in the F150, but we are looking ahead to when she outgrows it.

We tried the Graco as upright as allowed for rearfacing infants.

Thanks for answering!!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Keyfit fits in the base, or baseless?

And you had the Graco all the way upright in the blue zone?

Do you have a budget?

Wendy

U

Unregistered

Hi! Sorry. I had no idea another reply had been posted.

The Keyfit fits with the base but just barely.

Daughter is now almost 15 months, 30+ inches, about 20 lbs.

No budget. Hoping for something comfortable that will last years.

MelodyoftheForest

The keyfit is outgrown at 30", so you do need something ASAP! I would suggest the Maxi Cosi Pria or maybe the Chicco NextFit. Both can install very upright, with the NextFit lasting longer rear facing since it does not have the 40" height limit of the Pria.

U

Unregistered

Thanks for replying! I thought she fit in the keyfit as long as her head was below the top edge. Luckily she has barely been in the truck recently.

What about the Dionos? Any input?

The keyfit is outgrown at 30", so you do need something ASAP! I would suggest the Maxi Cosi Pria or maybe the Chicco NextFit. Both can install very upright, with the NextFit lasting longer rear facing since it does not have the 40" height limit of the Pria.
Posted via Mobile Device

U

Unregistered

Also, I'm not sure what this means... When I look at the side of the Graco, it only offers one acceptable position for rear-facing. How could it be more upright?
The Keyfit fits in the base, or baseless?

And you had the Graco all the way upright in the blue zone?

Do you have a budget?

Wendy
Posted via Mobile Device

1mommy

Also, I'm not sure what this means... When I look at the side of the Graco, it only offers one acceptable position for rear-facing. How could it be more upright? Posted via Mobile Device
There is a little ball on the side of the Headwise that is an acceptable range for rear facing- its further up closer to the child's sholder I think- it's a small difference but you can install it slightly more upright depending on where the red ball is in regards to the blue zone. You install it more upright by pressing down where the child's feet are while installing it. See this picture

http://carseatblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/GracoHeadWise70recline.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC