Eddie Bauer Carseat XRS65

U

Unregistered

Any feedback on the safety of Eddie Bauer Carseat XRS65?

Would I be better off buying a Recaro, Britax, Dino, or Maxipria 70? I have been researching for 4 weeks and everytime I get some clarity another car seat pops into the mix. Research anxiety!

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
All car seats pass the same testing and the results are not released. As far as we know, all seats are equally safe. Some seats have better convenience features that make them easier to use, but we have no proof that one is safer than another.

cookie123

Welcome! What is the age, weight, height of your child? Is s/he all legs or all torso? What vehicle might also be helpful as well as if any other kiddos are riding in the back with said child.

Overall, though, what monica-m said, all seats pass the same testing. There are no safety ratings. If they are installed and used per manufacturer's instructions all are safe. Be sure to read the manual before installing. More $$ buys more ease of use/other features like better covers, upholders etc.

emntheboys

This Eddie Bauer seat is essentially the same as the Safety 1st Guide 65. The Guide 65 is actually a frequently recommended budget-friendly seat. If you are interested in the Eddie Bauer I would save some $$ and get the Safety First version instead.

nannykates

If you have the budget for one of the other seats you mentioned I would go with that(especially for a primary seat). However knock the recaro off the list since it has very little rf leg room, the britax is pretty short for rfing considering the price so I'd skip that too(though opinions differ on this topic).

Gipson

Welcome! What is the age, weight, height of your child? Is s/he all legs or all torso? What vehicle might also be helpful as well as if any other kiddos are riding in the back with said child.

Overall, though, what monica-m said, all seats pass the same testing. There are no safety ratings. If they are installed and used per manufacturer's instructions all are safe. Be sure to read the manual before installing. More $$ buys more ease of use/other features like better covers, upholders etc.

I am not sure if he is all leg or torso. I think he is pretty evenly distributed. 24 months fit just right but 2T are a little long. So I am going to guess is equally proportioned. We will be having him in a 2004 Honda Civic Dx 4 door, 2007 Camry 4 door.

Plus, I have to find a car seat for the sitter - they take him out quite a bit and have a nissan sentra 2002 and 1999 chevy astro van

oliviacw

I have the Safety 1st version of this seat - we've been using it for my 2 year for the past month or so, since she outgrew her Coccoro. It took me a couple of tries to get it installed securely and at the right angle, but it's been solid since then. My daughter is pretty happy riding in it. It's a lower seat, not up on a platform, so it works pretty well in shorter cars.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC