Carseat in the airplane.

U

Unregistered

Hi, We are going to another country in 3 weeks, my little girl is 2.5 old, and we have 2 carseats, one is graco comfort sport, the other one (we don t really use it, was my older girl carseat) is a cosco high back booster seat (5 point..). Both of this seats say in the tag is approved for using in a aircraft.

Now my question is:

You think this seats are fine for use in the plane? (of course I need pick one), or they need to have the tag or sticker says FAA approved??,

I don t see any FAA sticker on it, but is tag in the side saying is approved for aircraft.

IF any of this seats work, Im planning get the go go cart (little cart you can attach the carseat for moving around the airport, I would like read opinions about it.

My girl is 29 pounds and 33 in.

TIA..

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Both of the car seats should have stickers saying they are approved for use on aircraft. It sounds like you've found the stickers. Make sure you know where they are in case you have to show them to flight attendants. We've had to do that before.

I wanted to make sure your child fits it both seats. I know the Graco seat if often outgrown early. She's definitely under the weight limit for both seats. Put her in the car seat and look at where the harness slots hit her shoulders. If her shoulders are above the top harness slot, then she has outgrown the seat already. (In the forward-facing position, the harness should be AT or ABOVE her shoulders.) If her shoulders are below the harness strap, then you'll have an idea about how much growing room she has left in the seat. Also, look at where her ears on in relationship to the top of the shell. She should have shell behind her head to the top of her ears.

If your child fits properly in both seats, then I think it will just be a preference for which seat you think would be easier to transport through security and to use on the plane. I'm would probably choose the lighter one.

Instead of the travel cart, we used a foldable luggage cart. We strapped our car seats on the cart and used that as our stroller through the airport.

What airline are you flying? If you are flying a US airline, then you can use your car seat on the plane following FAA regulations. It's a little different if you are flying a non-us airline and I think the FAA regulations for car seats apply when you are departing from a US city.

HTH

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much for the info, great info!! I will check !!. I went to the FAA website and I saw the tag, but the tag don t look like that, the info is just in the side of the carseat.

I make mistake I don t know if the graco comfort sport is approved, because is install in my husband car, and I don t want take it apart is perfectly install there. But I will check sometime. The other carseat we have is cosco too, we buy this one 5 years ago, I do need check if is expired already, because we never used at all. I don t see this style anymore, and this say is aircraft approved.
We are traveling from USA (Continental airlines)

Thanks again!!!. Luggage cart sounds good idea!!.

I hope everybody understand my english, Im from another country ;0)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Both of those seats are FAA approved. :) All non-special-needs harnessed seats in the US are FAA approved except for a few that require a tether-- the Britax Regent and the Safeguard/Safety 1st Go Hybrid Booster.

kbud

What airline are you flying? If you are flying a US airline, then you can use your car seat on the plane following FAA regulations. It's a little different if you are flying a non-us airline and I think the FAA regulations for car seats apply when you are departing from a US city.

HTH

You are flying a US airline so you will be fine. Non-US airlines do not follow the FAA regulations even when they are departing the US. They follow the regulations of the country the airline is registered in. So the approved for aircraft use stickers may mean nothing and seats may or may not be permitted.

U

Unregistered

Thanks so much, Im so happy less stress for me, safe is first for my girls. She is getting excited about using her carseat in the airplane. I hope works fine!!. Im taking the Cosco high back booster seat, work great for her and not heavy at all for me (Im petite 4.11').
Thanks again!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC