Yay Bigger = Better Carseat choices! Please help

Momto3Divaz

Okay so we decided to just go for it, and got a 2000 Dodge Durango last night :love: I've been kinda waiting out the Britax sale while we looked for something bigger :D JOY!! I want 3 Regents and 1 MA... Im not sure what kind of seatbelt is in the center seat center row right now maybe someone knows offhand. Can I fit the MA and 2 Regents in the center row at all? Ive seen them in person and I know the center seat is not very wide, this will be for all the time use until we finally get custody of my DSS, then we will put my oldest 2 in the back and DSS and our LO in the middle row outboard. Im not sure of the latches or anything at this time, what suggestions do you have what will work for me? I considered doing in the center row MA rf, Radian FF, Regent FF or is there room for 2 Regents?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I don't know if two Regents and a MA will fit in the middle but this will bump up your post a bit. Those Regents are big and my first guess would be I don't think but you could always try it.

What is DSS :confused:

Momto3Divaz

I don't know if two Regents and a MA will fit in the middle but this will bump up your post a bit. Those Regents are big and my first guess would be I don't think but you could always try it.

What is DSS :confused:

DSS =dear step son uhh ohh did i make that up?! lol i thought thats what it was hehe sorry......:eek:

I may just go ahead and start my oldest girls in the 3rd row so that I can have my Regents :love:

momme2_3

We did like it BUT it sucked gas down, therefore we just traded it in for a new Buick Rendezvous (with 3rd row) which is much better on gas. SO be prepared (ours was the 5.9L V8, so that tells you). Transporting kids, yes I loved it but my children are older than yours.

I have 3 children everyday, 3 dd, 9 ds, & 10 dd (and a 11 stepson on weekends). The older kids sat back there, But I would say that there isn't any room for a carseat (but I never tried) the seat is much slimmer.
If you did the seat would have to a slim base IMO. I would never try to install a regent back there because the seat is much too slim for the width of the base of it. (but again I am not a tech). I was able to fit both the snugride behind me and the roundabout rf (if that helps anything)

Momto3Divaz

:D thank you... Im going to go with Regents in the 3rd row, MA center outboard passenger RF, and either another Regent or our GN behind the drivers seat :love: I love the new space this is my 1st suv :cool!:

twom

Do check your vehicle manual to see if you have tether anchors for the 3rd row. My MIL's Durango did have them, but others have said that theirs don't. You'll have to have tether anchors for the Regents once your kiddos reach 50 pounds, and it's best to use them at all times. Plus, that 3rd row seat is not very deep, and you'll want to make sure that you can fit 80% of the Regent on the vehicle seat with the recline bar in. It might be pretty close. I was able to put a Husky back there, but I think I did it without the recline bar, and that's not an option with the Regent. Not trying to rain on your parade, but do try a Regent back there before you buy them if at all possible. The good news is, the Husky installed great in the outboard 2nd row seats with the recline bar, so that should work out for you if nothing else. :)

Momto3Divaz

:whistle: i have said to myself everyday this week to take out the manual!! :doh: and still it sits in the glove compartment and my fiance is driving the durango this week..... TODAY im tying a sting around my finger :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC