RA50 $49.98 at Target!

Laurette

OK... I just went to look on CL for a different cover and I type in Britax... The first three ads that pop up are for a NIP Britax Roundabout 50 for $125. I find it wrong that people go out and buy these seats JUST to resell them for profit. *sigh*

ADS

christineka

OK... I just went to look on CL for a different cover and I type in Britax... The first three ads that pop up are for a NIP Britax Roundabout 50 for $125. I find it wrong that people go out and buy these seats JUST to resell them for profit. *sigh*

Why? Just because it is a life saving device? Really, that's retail. Britax is a for profit company as are all the stores that sell their products. Why not an individual selling for profit? If I picked one up, I'd sell for profit too!

crunchierthanthou

that's exactly what I would have been doing. :shrug-shoulders: In fact, I was just about to say, "good for you for leaving one because I certainly wouldn't have."

okay, maybe not this time. dd is about to outgrow her CCO and I do love Britax seats for rf. but I often resell clearance gear for profit. :duck:

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
Hmmm...the locater thing says none in stock at the stores near me :( I might check tomorrow though just in case since my babysitting LO will need a new seat in her dad's car soon since it's going to expire...

lovinwaves

Thank goodness I have a minivan :whistle: Now my nephew has a seat for my car!

I'd just rather see them go to someone who really needed them. :/

Just another viewpoint...

What if the person reselling them for profit really needs the money?

What if the person that really needs a seat they can afford would have never known about the clearance, or been at their Target at the exact moment they had any left in stock for $49?

What if that $100-$125 Roundabout 50 on their craigslist new in box IS a good deal for them and they are ecstatic to get the seat for that cheap of a price?

It's a good deal for everyone involved...well except for maybe Target :p

:)

lovinwaves

As far as the markdowns go....My Target told me that they can markdown any day, and it's not just Mondays. I happen to be there exactly when they were in the "baby section" marking stuff down. So when I called, the seat was $139, but when I got there it was $49. Oh, and it WASN'T in the clearance area at all.

skitle1802

As far as the markdowns go....My Target told me that they can markdown any day, and it's not just Mondays. I happen to be there exactly when they were in the "baby section" marking stuff down. So when I called, the seat was $139, but when I got there it was $49. Oh, and it WASN'T in the clearance area at all.

Why did you have to tell me that?!?!? Now I'm going to have to gimp down there everyday this week!!! :hitselfonhead:Still $139.98 today at the scanner:(

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
No luck here. I've checked 2 targets in my area. Neither of them have any Britax's at all, not even marathons. I thought that was so weird.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
There was one at my Target last week for $139 called today and it is gone, I don't need it but my husband works with a few women who had babies in the last 6 months and I'm sure one of them would have loved it for $49!

Though I guess I could try and sell them my RA50 in a few months to help me fund a new britax LOL!

poohbear

I "get" it. ;) I just thought it was odd. :/

I kind of agree. There's something annoying or a little icky to me about people selling them for $135 after buying them for $49. Especially when people are running around trying to find them who need them... I mean who doesn't need money these days? Maybe I'm just too tired to do stuff like that...

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I mean who doesn't need money these days? Maybe I'm just too tired to do stuff like that...

I'm uninterested in doing stuff like that too.

But you're right that everyone needs money these days -- so those folks who are willing to put the time and effort into doing the legwork that someone else is too tired to do deserve to be compensated for that time and effort.

I'd likely feel differently if there was a penicillin shortage and people were running a black market. But a Britax seat is not a necessity. Nobody NEEDS a Britax seat. I'm more or less okay with a free market for luxury goods.

poohbear

I'm uninterested in doing stuff like that too.

But you're right that everyone needs money these days -- so those folks who are willing to put the time and effort into doing the legwork that someone else is too tired to do deserve to be compensated for that time and effort.

I'd likely feel differently if there was a penicillin shortage and people were running a black market. But a Britax seat is not a necessity. Nobody NEEDS a Britax seat. I'm more or less okay with a free market for luxury goods.

True - I should have added that I don't begrudge the people who do it. I just don't have the time or energy to do so! Plus, I feel like maybe I'm doing something good in the universe by leaving that last seat for some needy mama to buy at the same price I was lucky enough to snatch it at with no upcharge :)

BritMum-in-US

I snatched up two here in So Cal :) I tried to get three but one was a different color but was marked at the sale price. It rang up at $199.99 so I didn't get it.

The first Target I went to said they had 4 in the computer but could not find a single one in the stock room or in front. The second had 2, which I bought. I might check the 3rd Target in my area too, I know lots of moms!

kaleigh71

So I decided to just go back up there, and it was a good call! There was one seat NOT marked down, in a different pattern, but there were two that did scan $49.95.

I got them both. One will probably end up on CL, the other will eventually replace DD2's MA that expires next year.

Score! :thumbsup:

kaharris83

Just a heads up, my mom has been scouring Targets in her area and talking to the salespeople there. They told her if a store has only 1 of an item in inventory, when clearance time comes, they won't clearance the last remaining item in inventory. So if your store only had 1 left when clearane time came it may not get marked down.

I left the second $49.98 one that my store had, hoping someone in need does pick it up. I'd be sad to see someone profiting off it on CL or eBay.

Holly

:(
There were no more left by the time I got there, and I went to the other store even though the online locator said they were out of stock and I even called them earlier today, I just had to double check for myself.

My nephew's wife who has been asking me about car seat stuff and who was going to save up for a Radian XTSL has been checking her Target for a few weeks, she said she wanted the Radian more but this deal was tempting. I sent her a facebook message today telling her they were on sale and one of the stores near-ish to them said limited stock. Before I heard back from her, I called that store myself, and was told they didn't have it. Well, obviously they did, because my nephew got it! They thanked me for the heads up and they are so excited, so thats good at least. I just asked her if he got the last one or if there were more, I'm waiting to hear from them now.
That store is like 50 miles from me so I'm not going down there, but if they have another maybe I can get them to go snag one for me or send my mom to get it.

Oh, and there is one on CL for $115 in my city. :rolleyes:

ETA, my nephew got the last one at that store. At least out of the two of us, they got it since they didn't have any convertible seat for their baby at all yet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC