If you got rid of your Como/Signo....

djma

Please tell me why.

I'm consider the Como for DS2 and just wanted to hear some feedback.

I liked the Signo and to me, it seemed wider through the shoulders (I had 5 year-old DS1 try it first). But DS2 sweats so bad that I don't think the Signo's headwings will work for him.

TIA

(It's funny how you have *the* seat(s) picked out for when you get money...and then when you might get that money...you start second guessing what seats you really want! :p)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I hated it for rearfacing...it was just WAY too bulky to get a bigger kiddo into and out of it, and I couldn't stand not being able to see my kiddo because of the big wings (like, when I was in the passenger seat and she was behind the driver and I couldn't hand her anything or see her :( )
Since I have another year or two of RF to go, I returned it. (FF? my almost 8 yo was at the top slots, I was impressed, but her shoulders looked like a sardine crushed into those narrow sides! I'd get the Signo, I don't think it's any 'hotter' than any other seat because of the wings, really)

arly1983

I hated it for rearfacing...it was just WAY too bulky to get a bigger kiddo into and out of it, and I couldn't stand not being able to see my kiddo because of the big wings (like, when I was in the passenger seat and she was behind the driver and I couldn't hand her anything or see her :( )
Since I have another year or two of RF to go, I returned it. (FF? my almost 8 yo was at the top slots, I was impressed, but her shoulders looked like a sardine crushed into those narrow sides! I'd get the Signo, I don't think it's any 'hotter' than any other seat because of the wings, really)

:yeahthat:

Also, I hated how high the base was.

Mama!

We're on our 3rd Recaro.:rolleyes:

The Como as a RF seat was plushy and all, but it was a PAIN to load a half floppy or tired big boy in there. The shell was so deep that there was almost no room to get him over.

The headwings are Overkill on the como. They are GREAT for Sn kids, but if you think the Signo headwings will be hot (they wont) then dont try a como.

The Como headwings push right up against their cheeks. The Signos are very well out of the way and let air circulate.

After owning both Signo and Como, there's no way I'd go back to a Como.

firemomof3

I have 2 signos and love them but what I don't like about them is
1. VERY high base
2. Cumbersome to get my kids in/out of them (both are rf)
3. Lack of leg room rf
4. Heavy
Thats all I can think of. But the good points outweigh the bad by far! So, I would never get rid of my signos, I just love them!

lovinwaves

The base. That's why I didn't purchase the Como or Signo. If the base could be removed I would have 2 signo's in my car in a heartbeat :D Then again, both of my kids are ff'ing now. If they were rf'ing this wouldn't probably be my first choice, because as previous posters stated it's just to dang hard getting the kids in there.

FrogJuice

I have a como and wish I would have went with the signo, the como headwings are horriable they slide down the harness when you take the child out of the car, I don't have much use with the seat rf, but I do agree with others, the base sits up high, I have actually been thinking about getting a signo or even a truefit and ditching the como.

Peony

I have a Signo, I love it and hate it at the same time. :rolleyes: I am not fond of the base at all. I HATED it for RFing, there is virtually no leg room for the child and a huge PIA to get the child in and out. I had originally bought the Signo for DD2, that lasted 4 months and then I put her back into the MA and am now using the Signo for DD1. She needed a larger seat in my mom's car so my mom has the Signo now. I'll take it back and use it for DD2 when she is FFing or DD1 outgrows the Signo. I love how plush it is, and wish it was easier to use RFing.

niccig

You can remove the head wings on the Como at a certain point - I can't remember what the manual says about it. We've done that with DS, the sides are so deep, I'm not worried about decreasing SIP. I am right that you can removed the head wings???

RF, it is difficult to load a RF child in it, especially in a smaller car. We were lucky as DS could climb into it by himself, but when he was asleep, it was a pain. DS is now FF and DH loves the harness adjuster in the Como, it's easier than our Britax or Safeguard. The Como is in DH's car and he's happy with it. I prefer the Safeguard or Blvd that I have/had. I don't have a big kid, so the shoulder width probably won't be an issue for us, but it will matter for other children.

Mama!

You can remove the head wings on the Como at a certain point - I can't remember what the manual says about it. We've done that with DS, the sides are so deep, I'm not worried about decreasing SIP. I am right that you can removed the head wings???

RF, it is difficult to load a RF child in it, especially in a smaller car. DS is now FF and DH loves the harness adjuster in the Como, it's easier than our Britax or Safeguard. I don't have a big kid, so the shoulder width probably won't be an issue for us, but it will matter for other children.

Headwings in como are Required for RF and recommended for FF.

JerseyGirl'sMama

I have a Signo RF for my 17mo DD in an Acura MDX.

I don't have any problems with the height of the seat, getting DD in and out, or lack of leg room for her.

The worst of it is the long crotch belt. Although she doesn't seem to mind, the buckle sits over her belly button, and is tilted slightly in towards her body. Looks uncomfortable to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC