Stroller for 3 year old?

Auntie2Avi

Avi's mom is wanting a new stroller for Avi to use when out and about and he gets tired, or when she needs him to be contained and not running wild. Also for days at the zoo, disneyland, etc. I have a Volo that I keep in my trunk and she wants the same thing. I told her that there might be something better for one of us. I use the stroller when running errands, generally 1-2x per week. I keep it in my trunk, so a small size is good since I have a Corolla. Avi's mom has a minivan so size is not really an issue.

Any good strollers? Top price would be $250. I don't really want a jogger, don't think we need that heavy duty of a stroller. Avi is really tall, as you can see in my siggy pic, and he is ~43 lbs. Stroller does not need to recline, Avi sleeps ok in the Volo.

Thanks!

ADS

BW1426

At this age, I wouldn't think you'd want to invest a ton in a stroller. I would think another volo or a Graco Ipo would be great. The Ipo goes to 50 and the volo goes to 55.

indigoblossom

wow - he is a big boy!!!

i thought the graco only went to 45 lbs? but even if it goes to 50 lbs, i'd just spring for a maclaren which will hold 55 lbs min. (65 lbs if you want to spend your up to your limit and look for a techno XLR on ebay) but like someone else said, at his age, you probably don't want to invest that much in a stroller and if you don't need it to recline than there's no reason not to just get another volo. they're probably the best lightweight stroller on the market and will push a heavy child like a dream, as you already know ;)

babies r us has the gorgeous chocolate brown one and amazon has some cool striped ones, if you don't mind paying full price but ebay is a great way to get a new one (2006 or 2007 model) for a lot less :)

Niea

I'd also get another Volo.

Babye-store.com has them for $74.99 ($69.99 if you want an '06 in Salmon), plus free shipping.

courtfrog2

I just got an '06 salmon one and love it! I got mine for $45.99 plus $20 shipping off ebay. Same guy that was mention in previous post. I love it. My daughter is 3.5 and sits in it when she is tired.

I need one for my 3 year old. Our single stroller broke Ughhh and I so need one. He hates walking and I don't blame him. He has lil' legs! LOL!

He is 29 pounds and I do daycare.

How is that graco ipo? That is a pretty ok price?

nov05mama

I :love: my Volo, and my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. :twocents:

HUGE DITTO!!
We just got the Volo and I can't rave enough about it!! My other stroller was fine, but has been a NIGHTMARE to try to push him (you can see by my sig how big he is too).
The Volo is a miracle! LOL! I feel like I am pushing an empty stroller!! I love love love it!!

I used to rarely use the stroller since he could walk most places, but now I find myself finding excuses to use it! LOL!! You won't be disappointed! I bought mine at Target for $99.

skaterbabs

I'm a bit unusual in that I tend to use the stroller as long as I possibly can. But that's because I would rather not have to chase my kid - especially when the other two are being bratty.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member

momtoirs

Another vote for the Volo. We bought two this spring (three if you count the one I got for the early childhood special education program I teach in) on clearance at Target. We found the first two for $60 and the third for only $25! We have loved it. We just gave one a week of heavy use when we traveled to NYC.

Tina
mom to Ian, 3 1/2, in Graco Nautilus

sparkyd

If you want a more full-featured stroller that goes to 55 lbs, I'd look at the Zooper Twist. Fantastic stroller; way better value for money than comparable Macs.

If just need basics, sounds like the Volo works.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC