Need help with recline angle

tl01

Does this seat look as though it is installed at a 45 degree recline.... or reasonably close? The white pole in the background is straight up and down. I can't imagine that the red line on the side of seat would to an accurate install at 45 degrees. It seems as thought the seat would practically be tipping over. Sorry about the messy car... and the headrest has been moved and is not a projectile.

Thanks!

Last edited:
ADS

Mommy2Marcus

Looks fine to me. As a matter of fact it looks to reclined to me though, but I am by no means an expert! Maybe someone else will chime in on this one for you! I think it is fine though!

tl01

That's what's so nutty about this seat. To me, the seat looks like it is at a 45 degree angle and yet the line on the side is still not even close to level with the ground.

Mommy2Marcus

That's what's so nutty about this seat. To me, the seat looks like it is at a 45 degree angle and yet the line on the side is still not even close to level with the ground.

I agree that it is nutty! I also think that they are crazy to say it HAS to be at a 45 degree angle no matter the age of the child. I personally would not hesitate to install it more upright as I think a full 45 degree angle would just piss my son off. I personally also feel that RF itself is safer & that a more upright angle is good for older kids. So I would just let it go & be happy that your child is still RF!

solmama

I totally agree! I cannot install our Truefit any more upright or my dh and I will eat the steering wheel. In addition, my ds would go batty trying to sit up!

I personally would not hesitate to install it more upright as I think a full 45 degree angle would just piss my son off. I personally also feel that RF itself is safer & that a more upright angle is good for older kids. So I would just let it go & be happy that your child is still RF
!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I have a very odd way of "eyeballing" the recline level, so take this with a grain of salt. (I picture a newborn sitting in it the seat.) In this picture, it looks more upright than 45 degrees. (When I picture a newborn in it, their head flops.)

Sorry, I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's the way my brain works! :p

tl01

I have a very odd way of "eyeballing" the recline level, so take this with a grain of salt. (I picture a newborn sitting in it the seat.) In this picture, it looks more upright than 45 degrees. (When I picture a newborn in it, their head flops.)

Sorry, I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's the way my brain works! :p

Really... that's a bummer... that's about as reclined as DS can stand the seat:( Now what to do?

solmama

send the photos to southpawboston he has a computer program that will measure the angle for you. Good luck!

southpawboston

well the pic is not taken straight on from the side and i'm not sure if the picture is level either, but for a rough estimate i'm getting 39.7 degrees.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Really... that's a bummer... that's about as reclined as DS can stand the seat:( Now what to do?

Well, now you're stuck deciding whether to make a "parental decision" to use it against the manufacturer's instructions, or get a different seat. :(

tl01

Well, now you're stuck deciding whether to make a "parental decision" to use it against the manufacturer's instructions, or get a different seat. :(

I think I'm just going to FFace him since he weighs 34 lbs now. This situation is starting to drive me nuts! I waited a long time for this seat so I'm pretty frustrated it had to have such an odd restriction.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC