The OFFICIAL Britax Frontier Spoilers & Speculation thread (part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melizerd

Boo, with a child in the 95th percentile for height I think I'll have to get my hands on a Regent with as late of a DOM as possible when they are discontinued (whether DH likes it or not) since my son is so young. Or try and snag one from someone year in the next yearish ;p

I don't get why they didn't keep the harness height the same as the Regent (whatever their technical measurement is) since it has the same weight limit in harnessed mode, that just seems silly to me.

ADS

scatterbunny

I don't get why they didn't keep the harness height the same as the Regent (whatever their technical measurement is) since it has the same weight limit in harnessed mode, that just seems silly to me.

There has been speculation from some folks that the top slots can't be as high on the Frontier because it's a smaller shell. Maybe the smaller shell can't support higher top slots?

scatterbunny

I think the Regents aren't being discontinued. Just not being carried at BRU anymore :thumbsup:

You know, Julie, Sarah said it was NOT being discontinued UNLESS the Frontier sales started eating up the Regent sales. If that happens, the Regent will be discontinued. Another Britax rep (a guy) told someone else that the Regent will be discontinued at some point.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I won't be surprised if it does. :(

ginny4

Boo, with a child in the 95th percentile for height I think I'll have to get my hands on a Regent with as late of a DOM as possible when they are discontinued (whether DH likes it or not) since my son is so young. Or try and snag one from someone year in the next yearish ;p

i've read tons on here &the rgeent being discontinued is NOT true. it will depend on sales tho. if the regent gets blown out of the water by the frontier than the rgeent will be discontinued. but for now the rgeen tis here & available. you should be able to buy a regent when your lil guy needs it

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
We can all get Roosevelts, they are better than Regents anyway :D (you know, in the future, if the Regent is d/c'd...)

Melizerd

You know, Julie, Sarah said it was NOT being discontinued UNLESS the Frontier sales started eating up the Regent sales. If that happens, the Regent will be discontinued. Another Britax rep (a guy) told someone else that the Regent will be discontinued at some point.

I hope it doesn't happen, but I won't be surprised if it does. :(

Well I only need the Regent to keep being made til my 16 month old outgrows rear facing so I'll cross my fingers :D He's so darned tall I'll be thrilled if we make it to 2.

megabloxs

The Regent, while everyone
is comparing, cannot be used
as a booster seat. We have
not seen enough photos to
really compare yet. You also
need to pay attention to the
torso height, and how quickly
your child would grow each
year. The child i'm hoping to
buy one for is older than the
child in these photos, but
much lighter and shorter.

scatterbunny

We can all get Roosevelts, they are better than Regents anyway :D (you know, in the future, if the Regent is d/c'd...)

Hehe, the Roosevelt was NICE. It appeared narrower than the Regent by a bit, with taller top slots. I could never justify the cost, though. It makes the Recaro Start and even the Safeguard Child Seat seem cheap!

jwren

do we have clarification yet on the harness height, making sure this was used at the top height? thanks

scatterbunny

do we have clarification yet on the harness height, making sure this was used at the top height? thanks

Britax themselves says 18.25 inches, correct?

My friend's son has about a 19 inch torso, and he was definitely over the top slots when we tried him in it at Lifesavers this weekend.

This boy's mother said his torso is about 16.5, and it looks like he has 2ish inches to grow to the top slots, so yeah, that sounds about right. :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants

I think we all know the Regent can't be used as a booster.

I also think we all need to remember that there is no perfect seat -- if there was, we'd all have it. Some of us will decide that the Frontier works for us, and some of us will decide that it won't. (My opinion, which is worth exactly what you paid for it, is that) These are decisions that we as parents, knowing our kids and our budgets, need to make. It's not really appropriate to try to convince other posters that yeah, the seat will work just fine or no, the seat's junk.

Melizerd

yup I am aware that the Regent isn't a booster. I personally prefer to choose each seat for what it's best and worry about a booster and buy a dedicated booster when I get there :D I have an only child so I don't worry about passing down or such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC