Want to help me Google Fu some baby stuff?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Update: I've ordered a sleep sack but am still in desperate need of an organic merino wool puddle pad (not thick fuzzy wool, it needs to be thin like a sheet/skinny blanket) available in Canada (from the U.S. it will NOT make it here). I had ordered one, but it's the wrong item. :( Post #10 explains.

Getting in a panic, summer vacation coming up and need 2 items before we leave and the kids haven't been giving me time to search.

1. Merino wool/mattress puddle pad. Something like this http://www.organicbednbath.com/organic-wool-baby-mattress-protector in the porta crib size (26x38). It can be flat (not elasticized fabric edges) or have flat elastic, not too picky in that respect. I emailed that company twice to ask how to ship to Canada (their web site says they do, but their checkout only provides USA in the drop down box) and have not heard back from them. Now I think I can only get something that's available in Canada as from the U.S. it may not make it in time.
  2. Merino wool or other temperature regulating sleep sack. I've found Merino Kids, Woolino and Bambino Merino. I also found ones using some fancy temperature regulating fabric http://www.37degrees.co.uk I was searching for silk ones as well but most I've found are super ugly and don't seem to offer the same breathability as wool ones. Is there anything I've missed?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
They ship to Canada and has a portacrib size: http://www.allergystore.com/organic-moisture-pad.htm

ETA: I don't know too much about wool but I found this at one of the shops I've bought from before: http://www.organiccaboose.com/Super...own-with-optional-embroidery-sample_p_82.html

Weird. The pad says $46.95 but when I add it to the cart it's $52.95! I don't think it will make it here in time anyway. Even Priority takes 2 weeks or more often and will probably be $20-$30 to ship. :( I will email them though and see how quick they are to ship and how much shipping will cost since it's not clearly on their site even if I add to cart.

Okay, those are ugly LOL BUT they are inexpensive. The others I was looking at fit up to 2 years old, but are much more expensive. This only fits up to a year, but is much cheaper. And can be used as the diaper cover at night if I lanolize it which is super cool! I am going to consider a couple of these.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
jordansmom said:
We have this co-sleeper (same size as Pack N Play, I believe) pad and LOVE it! Although I also don't have anything other than dog beds to compare it too, LOL!

https://www.snugglewool.com/shop/product.php?id_product=75

Looks like they can ship international if you request a quote. Good luck! :)

It's too large and the mini is too small (length I could deal with but the width is 7" shy). Thicker than I'm looking for as well since my travel crib packs into a backpack and I want it to fit in the backpack. I want one that is like a sheet. Would be nice for home use just on the floor though!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

featherhead

Okay, those are ugly LOL BUT they are inexpensive. The others I was looking at fit up to 2 years old, but are much more expensive. This only fits up to a year, but is much cheaper. And can be used as the diaper cover at night if I lanolize it which is super cool! I am going to consider a couple of these.

LOL, I have a few Disana wool covers that I really like :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Okay, urgh. The company I emailed about the mattress pad DID get back to me. The same day! It was in my spam folder...stupid Gmail...if there is a sent message from me to that address, a return email isn't spam! Their spam filter is annoyingly stupid at times I find.

I'm not sure it can make it to me quick enough, but hopefully she gets me a shipping quote so I can decide to order today or not.

I'm still deciding on the Disani sacks. I think she'll be wearing longies underneath while camping for extra warmth. But at home I could use them as the cover....but would her legs be cold? BabyLegs I guess could solve that. Hmm.....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
URGH!!! I ended up ordering the one linked to in my original post and confirmed with the lady on the phone AND via email that I was ordering organic merino wool. I paid TWENTY-EIGHT dollars to have it shipped and it came fast, within a week. But it's the wrong one!!! I called the manufacturer and apparently they don't have merino wool anymore because you can't get organic merino in the U.S. They haven't had it for several years! And this one is organic wool, but it's scratchy and itchy and I hate it. I specifically was buying merino!

Would you expect a refund on the product and on original shipping cost? And have them pay the return shipping?

So, ya, now I'm a week from needing it and have to start looking all over again. So if anyone can Google-Fu one in Canada, I'd totally appreciate it. Organic merino wool, not larger than 26" x 38". I prefer that size but would go a bit smaller if that's all I can get.

I own this one already and love it http://www.sckoon.com/bedpuddle.html and would have been smart to just order another and have one shortened by a tailor. But too late for that now. :( And I really need 2 while we're on vacation, one for in the trailer and one for in her GoCrib so shortening the one I have to use in the GoCrib and ordering a new one to replace isn't really an option.

ETA: the store I ordered the original one from was fabulous when I let her know that I got a different product than I was expecting. Although I'm not able to get the product I wanted, she did take care of the issue without me having to ask for/suggest anything. She was very sweet and does have exceptional service so I would order from her store again.

Last edited:

mom4safer

Organic merino wool, not larger than 26" x 38". I prefer that size but would go a bit smaller if that's all I can get.

Green Mountain Diapers has snugglewool. It will ship quickly. Shipping is a flat $6.95.
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/snugglewool.htm

They have one at 27X36 and another at 22.5X30. They are very expensive, IMHO.

There is also a changing table pad with merino wool that is 18X30. Prob not the right size...

Susie

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
mom4safer said:
Green Mountain Diapers has snugglewool. It will ship quickly. Shipping is a flat $6.95.
http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/snugglewool.htm

They have one at 27X36 and another at 22.5X30. They are very expensive, IMHO.

There is also a changing table pad with merino wool that is 18X30. Prob not the right size...

Susie

Thanks but those are the wrong kind; they are super thick as they are wool pile. I'm looking for ones that are thin like a sheet and no pile. And Green Mountain seems to be in the U.S. so that takes minimum 2 weeks shipping time.

I'm looking for one like this:

yhst-50313101044085_2217_69509731

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador

Thanks! The one at Birdie's room looks promising if it's merino wool. The issue with the Etsy ones is that the majority are reclaimed wool and likely not organic merino. This means they have the potential to be itchy whereas merino is beautifully soft and even me, who is bothered by most wool, can sleep on it without even noticing that there is wool below me (in fact, it's more comfortable than sleeping on a cotton sheet). So, if I order something from Etsy, I may end up with it being wonderfully soft, or it might be a waste of money and scratchy, like the one I was just sent (which used their softest organic wool). The Natura one isn't merino either, I had emailed them about it awhile back.

Thanks everyone for your help though. Nothing will make it to me by Friday at this point, so I think I'll just order another one like I already have from Sckoon (one just like the pic I posted) and then when it gets here, have a tailor shorten it to the correct length. The width is already perfect. Doesn't solve my dilemma for the camping trip though but it seems this is par for the course with me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC